Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We spent the day in Venice today and I have to say it massively beat our expectations. Jan had never been and I last visited 30 years ago and really didn't like it and had no great desire to go back.
The weather was fantastic the crowds although very busy were not too bad and surprisingly once away from Marco the prices were reasonable certainly no dearer than any other large city or tourist attraction. It certainly is a beautiful place and exciting and vibrant we had a brilliant day and will certainly be visiting again.
Didn't cost me too much either got away with just one Italian leather bag for SWMBO :whistle:
Off to Austria and Germany tomorrow hopefully do the Romantic Rd and some of the Mosel before heading home on about 2nd Oct. (y)(y)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We usually go to Venice every other year and rent an apartment but next year were taking the motorhome and will stay in a near by camp site and like you say it really is less busy when you go off the beaten track. we love to get up early to do St Marks. One of the best things to do in Venice is do the secret tour of the Doge's Palace. (y)

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We usually go to Venice every other year and rent an apartment but next year were taking the motorhome and will stay in a near by camp site and like you say it really is less busy when you go off the beaten track. we love to get up early to do St Marks. One of the best things to do in Venice is do the secret tour of the Doge's Palace. (y)

Well we'll definitely be back loved it especially Jan and this little campsite is perfect buy your bus tickets at reception 2.60 euros return and bus stops outside the gate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Don't expect too much romance.

But enjoy Fussed ( where it starts/ends ) and visit Neuschwanstein. Fussen town is a delight.

Stay here:
https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=47.597026,10.738063&spn=0.006294,0.009892&t=m&z=17

If you have time try Garmisch Partenkirchen as well.

Going north, Heidelberg and it's castle is well worth a stop.

Thanks Brian strange I was having a beer with my German neighbour a couple of nights a go in Lake Garda and he gave me the same campsite as a good place to stay and he lives nearby.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Well we'll definitely be back loved it especially Jan and this little campsite is perfect buy your bus tickets at reception 2.60 euros return and bus stops outside the gate.
What is the name of the campsite please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds as if you are having a great time, never been there but it's now on our to do list. :Smile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We did the same site in 2001, so handy for Venice, jump on the bus right outside campsite. The old back streets are a must.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Last time I stayed in Venice ( lovely family run hotel side of canal) I walked along to the Rialto Bridge about 11 pm. There was a string quartet playing on the bridge, a smallish group formed the audience. When they finished playing, everyone clapped, the musicians bowed, collected up their instruments and chairs and everyone walked off into the night. Magical.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back