Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I don't know how other people might feel about this, but here is my issue with some threads asking for technical, or other advice.....

On many occasions now, being the help full sort of bloke I am, I have offered advice on technical problems that other Funsters have sought help for.

What I find quite frustrating is that the OP sometimes never returns to the thread after having been given advice by other funsters.

This is not just an case of politeness, but also one of confirmation that the advice given was both accurate and helpful.

It is easy for misconceptions and myths to become presumed fact on the internet if nobody bothers to challenge them or take the time to revisit a thread and tell everyone else what the problem actually was following receiving advice and help!

In my opinion, if you have a problem and have sought advice here, I think you should come back and tell us what was the cause of your technical problem! Keeping it all to yourself will only perpetuate long threads full of best guesses rather then advice gleaned from fact!

Well that's my spleen vented!

Have a nice weekend everyone!:cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Jon,
You will also find that having given advice, it will be questioned and poo poo'd by the googlers who will search the internet until they find an answer they like, right or wrong, which supports their own view.

And this situation could quite so easily be combatted with feedback from the original poster once their problem has been solved!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've heard that said on many forums, people can be a little mercenary when using them. I've been guilty myself once or twice on webmaster forums where I have an urgent problem and look for a fix, rush to apply it, then, long afterwards on my next visit I realise I have not said thanks. :doh: However here, I notice it happens rarely, the vast majority pop back to the thread and report on the problem or say thanks.

If not responding were the norm I'm sure we'd all get tired of offering help and advice, thankfully most appreciate it, and when asked, one of the most popular reason for subscribing is because of advice received. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The majority of funsters are very courteous and helpful in giving and receiving!:wink:

Maybe you should stick something in the rules, just as good etiquette Jim.

If it is already there, I owe you a pint for not reading them!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well I have had lot of help and when ever possible have thanked them I hav had a few bum steers to
bill

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
well I have had lot of help and when ever possible have thanked them I hav had a few bum steers to
bill

I think feedback from the OP reduces the bum steers Bill.

If there is any consolation from all your expense and hard work, it is that the whole internet knows how to rebuild a 2.5 Fiat engine and that you need to avoid bits of wood in the road!

That information would have been lost if you had not come back with your updates Bill!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I did hear, (during my absence), that bickering is now not the way forward??? A fine line, and one that I am sure to cross, and so I apologise in advance of any misdemeanour's I may inadvertently commit. :(:(:(:(

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I did hear, (during my absence), that bickering is now not the way forward??? A fine line, and one that I am sure to cross, and so I apologise in advance of any misdemeanour's I may inadvertently commit. :(:(:(:(

So long as you give us feedback on the bicker before you are banned, I won't be offended Dave!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Oh dear.....Once again the sword of Damocles hangs above my bald pate.........Sometimes it's really hard to self edit when your in the thick of a verbal corundum. Then it's too late, the door slams behind you.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You have that 'Sunday Morning Walk to The Executioners Block' thing on you, I see.......:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back