slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Hi Guys

I bought an external BBQ point and there is writing in German on it (at least i think it's German) i think i know what it says but can anyone tell me for sure

Das offnen und schlieben der absperrarmatur ist nur dann moglich, wenn der stecknippel im kupplungselement verriegelt ist

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
The best Google Language can do:

The Schlieben open and the valve is only possible if the plug nipple in the clutch element is locked

:Smile:
Keith

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
According to an on-line free translator...
That open and schlieben for the stop valve is possible only if the connector is locked in the clutch element

I suspect you've misspelled the word schlieben... it's probably schliessen which translates as closed or locked...

hope that helps:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
That open and schlieben of the absperrarmatur is only then moglich if the stecknippel is locked in the kupplungselement

This translation is worse than the original ! Found it in Free Translation service.
Good luck with this

OP
OP
slickmouse

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Yes, I think it means

You can only open the valve if the gas cannister or bottle is connected

if you hear of a large gas explosion in Central Scotland on News at Ten you know who it was

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
What it means is the tap of the BBQ point can only be turned on when the connecting hose nipple is locked into the valve outlet. Its pretty much a standard safety design feature on BBQ points.

D.

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
The letter that looks like a B with a tail ( like the Greek Beta ) is an esszett and normally sounds and is often written by the Germans as a double s . As mentioned above schliessen is the verb to close or shut.

Phil.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
According to an on-line free translator...
That open and schlieben for the stop valve is possible only if the connector is locked in the clutch element

I suspect you've misspelled the word schlieben... it's probably schliessen which translates as closed or locked...

hope that helps:winky:

yep its misspelt. if you change the spelling in babelfish it gives the correct word....closed....

the reason the other words wont translate is the english keyboard doesnt have 'umlauts' two little ticks ABOVE an O, A, or E which changes the way the word sounds.
without them the translator doesnt know the word so just puts in the original.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Danke sehr Pappajohn (das hab ich gewissen)

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Try this one Ach du liebe krysaik:ROFLMAO:

and this one Auf wieder bye bye:winky:

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
The word for word is as follows , as german word order is like old english (ala chaucer/shakespeare ) :Smile:

Das offnen und schlieben der absperrarmatur ist nur dann moglich, wenn der stecknippel im kupplungselement verriegelt ist

The opening and closing of the operating valve is only then possible when the connector in the coupling engaged is

Obviously not many german motorhomers on here :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back