Well. That's Me Officially Retired (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I got notice of impending redundancy on July 6th and yesterday was my last day of said employment.
I was gonna pack in anyway next Autumn but this has just brought it forward a year. Penny is gonna work till then. She wants to put in one last year of teaching.

Then it's off to Lanzarote :)

I've been enjoying my time off and it's great to know that I need never work again :)

Lots of track days for me next year

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
The plan is to drive over there next year in the camper and spend around 6 months there. To make sure we really like the place and decide which resort to live in.

Then come for summer and sell one of the houses. Then go back with a wedge of cash to buy a nice villa.

The rental income from other houses will keep us going.

And Pen's gonna be singing in bars. She's been offered work when she's sang in bars just on holiday.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
That's Me Officially Retired:LOL::LOL: Iv been saying that for YEARS!! and never worked harder in my life,:confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The plan is to drive over there next year in the camper and spend around 6 months there. To make sure we really like the place and decide which resort to live in.

Then come for summer and sell one of the houses. Then go back with a wedge of cash to buy a nice villa.

The rental income from other houses will keep us going.

And Pen's gonna be singing in bars. She's been offered work when she's sang in bars just on holiday.
That is the other important lubricant for a healthy retirement...being young enough and having enough disposable income. You appear to have it sorted.
Hope she can pronounce her Rs........that's if you are a Del Boy fan.:)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
All the best Yorick. (y)

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
That is the other important lubricant for a healthy retirement...being young enough and having enough disposable income. You appear to have it sorted.
Hope she can pronounce her Rs........that's if you are a Del Boy fan.:)

Otherwise you'll end up Cwying, Cwying, CWWYYIINNG.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I retired ten years ago, lasted a year started working again did five years retired again now back into sheep farming ,I do the work, daughter gets the money. Seriously though enjoy your time over there.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Congrats Yorick. Welcome to the club. I left work nearly two weeks ago and Colin finishes a week this coming Friday. Only trouble is have been laid up with a bad back since stopping work so not able to make the most of the free time just yet.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
You swine, what about all our pensions ! Do you earn good money on track days ?
Not paid for trackdays. We just get the day for free and as much tracktime as we can handle.

And as for pensions, all our money is in property. Much better return.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You only start to worry when we no longer get the taxes off rich lawyers like Chris :D

Jesus wept, I'm shaking just reading this. It would be a case of cancel one of our aircraft carriers or let a few thousand nice old pensioners starve to death. You know which way that will go.

Reactions: GJH

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not paid for trackdays. We just get the day for free and as much tracktime as we can handle.

That's crazy, if you don't mind me saying so, the punters pay well, it's your £10+K machine you are running and risking, you should at least cover your full costs.

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
That's crazy, if you don't mind me saying so, the punters pay well, it's your £10+K machine you are running and risking, you should at least cover your full costs.
I've done it for 12 years and it's a real passion. I love it and it's very rewarding.

The days vary from £100 - £250, so that's my wage for the day.

As for the bike, I'd be going anyway and thrashing the a*** off it.
Some days there are no punters asking for help, so we can play all day. On others we can do up to around 10, but even that will still leave us as much tracktime as a normal punter.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I retired 2 months ago, my only complaint is having to put up with Nick moaning about having to work until april.... he he. Good luck, it is wonderful, it is indeed true that you are a long time dead.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
and the government gives you money for nothing. I am so grateful; I felt like writing a thank you letter when I got my first pension payment. I know it's balanced out by all the money we've paid in over the years but it still feels like free cash now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back