Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi All

Done a quick search and can't see any reports of peoples visit to the Caravan Salon 2014. Highs and Lows.

The Lows have to be the Aeroplanes and then ----------------------------- the Aeroplanes, unless you are an ardent plane spotter and then I guess you would be in your element.

Access to the camping grounds was very easy and co-ordinated with German efficiency, but very busy and if you arrived with a group you were not guaranteed to be together. Access to the show was dead easy by shuttle bus and it was worth registering before for Salon membership and then getting the 10 euro two day pass.

Lots of Vans to see from the very ordinary affordable ones to some pretty fancy machines at over 1 million pounds.

Anybody thinking about buying new this time of year should really see what is at the show as it indicates what will be available next year.

IVECO were showing a sub 7.5T daily chassis with 8 speed ZF auto box and Telma type retarder on the prop shaft, a friend drove a demo van with the Auto and said it was much better than the Agile.

MERCEDES were showing a low line chassis where they had chopped about 100 to 150 mm from the chassis height by re-engineering the suspension and rear axle differential, could make a nice base for a RWD motorhome that is not too high.

FIAT oops didn't look at what was new.

CONCORDE have introduced the IVECO 5T chassis to the CREDO range along with a new in-house dashboard and a decent kitchen.

NIESMANN+BISCHOFF showed the new Flair which now has the Arto face and has gained some extra storage space outside but inside was no change and for us with an old Flair the kitchen was smaller and only one sink so saving our money this time.

RMB are now built by Pilote Le Voyageur and I dont think the quality is what existing RMB owners would accept.

VARIO MOBIL these were the ones that took my fancy with there fibreglass "no dent" construction they build to order so were showing customer vehicles and did not have a STAR (the smallest) on the stand they start at over 200K on Mercedes Sprinter and 300K on MAN or Merc truck chassis downplateable to 7495kg.

HYMER along with PHOENIX (not often mentioned in the same sentence) were both showing an interesting layout which Hymer call the Duo Broken Link Removed large lounge at the rear and good sizes kitchen, motorised bed at the front dropping lower than the traditional overcab bed.

ACCESSORIES lots of suppliers to talk to about solar and batteries, windows and skylight etc etc.

see you there next year.

Martin

DSC03145.jpg DSC03140.jpg DSC03141.jpg DSC03144.jpg DSC03163.jpg

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Love it - thanks for the report!
We hope to go next year as will be in the market for a new van in early 2016!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone wants to look at all the new motorhomes for 2015 & didn't make it to Dusseldorf then the Birmingham NEC show is next month http://www.motorhomeandcaravanshow.co.uk/ (y) Best show after Dusseldorf & can talk direct to many of the manufacturers not just the dealers sales staff - we did & got a few more extras on top of what was being offered by the dealers. You still have to buy through the dealers but if you have detailed enquiries or specific requests it is the best place to ask as shocking how many sales staff don't know their product!

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
thanks for that. I want to go there next year. I think I will now.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi cruiser

See you there.

I think we will be heading back next year.

This time we made a three week trip of it spending time in Holland on the way there and back. First time in Holland and really impressed, nice towns friendly locals and good cycle paths, and millions of bikes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back