Hello and Silver Screens (1 Viewer)

P

pat1

Deleted User
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a while and I see a few familiar names from another motorhome forum.

Can you buy material to make external silver screens ? The wife feels quite confident with the sewing machine (at last) and has offered to have a go.

A link would be great. See you all around.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the site, look up posts by Terry for the details you need.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
What about external Jim ? We went to Dunbar last week, having only single glazing made condensation a major issue.

Your a hard man to please ... :roflmto::roflmto:
I'll keep searching :winky:

Another company supplying internal material.. and the internal versus external quote..

Link Removed

INTERNAL SCREENS vs. EXTERNAL SCREENS.
External screens will provide slightly better insulation to windows and no condensation on the inside
than internal screens. But, external screens get dirty, even though we made ours from dirt repellent
materials; it still transferred on the surface. And on wet mornings or when it is raining they have to
be gathered in wet and allowed to dry off. Our internal screens on the other hand provide about 90
% insulation (100 % in summer) the 9 layer construction reflects the cold away back through the
glass while reflecting the heat back into the vehicle. With the generous sizing of our screens there
is a small amount of condensation left on the windscreen in the morning, but it is not ‘running’ with
it. Internal screens are easy to fit on the inside with our strong suction cups, there is no going out
into the cold or wet to fit them. Removal in the morning is just as easy; they are also clean and dry
ready to pack away straight away. They neatly fold away to tuck behind the front seats.
Considering this, on all of our own vehicles we use our internal Thermal Screens™

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

pat1

Deleted User
Thanks Jim, I might have to revise my tactics having read your post :thumb:

Do you use internals with single glazing ? If so, what's the condensation like ? As I said, we were away last week and the windows were dripping.:Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks Jim, I might have to revise my tactics having read your post :thumb:

Do you use internals with single glazing ? If so, what's the condensation like ? As I said, we were away last week and the windows were dripping.:Sad:

Hi Pat

Another benefit of internal is that they are easier and quicker to remove if you need to move on unexpectedly ..

We don't have any screens, all the windows are dual paned, except the windscreen, condensation has never been a problem.
We always keep the roof lights partly open, use the exhaust fan when cooking and when it's cold have 2 oil filled heaters on most of the time .. occasionally the windscreen gets a bit damp, I guess heavier curtains would help but it's no big deal.. it's been a plan to make an internal for it but not got round to it yet, not so much for condensation but to combat the heat when abroad..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back