RV Porch awning help.. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm looking for a nylon porch awning, (not a drive-away) , same type as the tuggers use, problem is door height, the ones I've looked at have a max ground to top of door height of 2.5 mt.... RV door height is 2.75mt

This is primarily for UK winter use, I don't want to go to the expense of buying a full blown safari room which is of little use when touring abroad using French aires.

Jim

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I'm looking for a nylon porch awning, (not a drive-away) , same type as the tuggers use, problem is door height, the ones I've looked at have a max ground to top of door height of 2.5 mt.... RV door height is 2.75mt

This is primarily for UK winter use, I don't want to go to the expense of buying a full blown safari room which is of little use when touring abroad using French aires.

Jim
How about this one jim 240 to 290cm Height Link Removed
Geo

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks for the link Geo but it's a bit bigger than I was looking for ..

I'm thinking on getting this one, movelite xl 08

a drive away model but it's lightweight and about the right size and height ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
rv porch awing

Hi Jim i have just what you are looking for i purchased on 5-6-08 movelite xl made by outdoor revolution new for 2008 season burgandy colour size 310cm x 310cm motorhome strap system included very compact and versatile fully taped seams 3000 mm hydrostatic head stability straps net weight only 13.6kg 70cm tunnel at rear suitable for vehicles up to 290cm if interested please contact me brand new tony

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim i have just what you are looking for i purchased on 5-6-08 movelite xl made by outdoor revolution new for 2008 season burgandy colour size 310cm x 310cm motorhome strap system included very compact and versatile fully taped seams 3000 mm hydrostatic head stability straps net weight only 13.6kg 70cm tunnel at rear suitable for vehicles up to 290cm if interested please contact me brand new tony

Ohh drat, I've just ordered and paid for one .. being delivered tomorrow. :Doh:

Sorry about that Tony .. :RollEyes:

btw.. why are you selling it .. looks like a nice bit of kit ?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I'm looking for a nylon porch awning, (not a drive-away) ,
same type as the tuggers use, problem is door height, the ones I've looked at have a max ground to top of door height of 2.5 mt.... RV door height is 2.75mt

Jim
Look here Jim Bob, the one I found meets all the requirments you set out in your post, you made no mention of external size limits, so if youd be so kind as to return the one you have ordered,and stick with the plan:thumb:
Bummer missing Tony's, Right colour to Eh!
Geo

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
r v porch awning

BTW.. Hi the reason i am selling movelite 08 when we went away in june we took two of our grandchilden in our e435 bessacarr 5 birth two of the other grandchildren should have come the following weekend so we would want the extra space for sleeping in they ended up not coming school wouldnt let them take time off for the friday & monday so never used it tony

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
As you say jim ideal for the uk winter long stays
You just have to hope no one moves in while your asleep:Sad::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

P

peapod

Deleted User
re rv porch

really like your new porch , it is exactly what i am looking for our Rv. How does the top part fit onto the rv? and fwould it stay on in very strong winds, parked up near the beach for the winter,
thanks
jackie

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
really like your new porch , it is exactly what i am looking for our Rv. How does the top part fit onto the rv? and fwould it stay on in very strong winds, parked up near the beach for the winter,
thanks
jackie

It can be attached using the three 'throw over' straps that is comes supplied with. I tried them, they were ok, but left gaps due to them going over the existing awning, so I fitted a 2 mt length of aluminium awning rail, available from any caravan dealer, cost £11.
Fitting the rail is relatively easy using Sikaflex and s/s self tapping screws.

As for strong winds it should be fine, it has more guy lines and storm straps than enough.. plus the shape will spill the wind rather than trap it.. and it's anchored onto George ..

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back