Rally Ashover festival of light (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Thursday 2nd Oct - 6th Oct £35 Price includes 2 Adults and 2 children (to be paid on arrival) and entrance to show both days.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
If you are interested and you fancy decorating up your motorhomes/gazebos/awnings etc :) then add names here so I can let them know roughly how many to expect.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Will this be a MHFun rally?

Ginny
Hi Ginny firstly thanks for the offer of help. I have never organised a rally and I don't know if that is the right definition of what we have here. I would call it a meet but I couldn't find that option so it came up as a rally. Anyway basically all I have arranged so far is the opportunity to camp together as a group. What we do after that depends on how much interest there is. There is a beer tent, music there are a couple of pubs that do meals only a few mins walk from the show entrance. Its a lovely walking area. If funsters turn up we can do more so you tell me is it a meet or a rally lol :LOL:

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Thursday 2nd Oct - 6th Oct £35 Price includes 2 Adults and 2 children (to be paid on arrival) and entrance to show both days.
Just to clear up the fee for the weekend will be paid to the organisers on the gate. And the show is supporting the Air ambulance if I remember rightly.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
1 Scammellmanswife
2 SteveandDenise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Please put us on the list, do we know for sure that there will be space available if we just turn up on the Thursday?

Ginny and Mike

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
http://vintagefestivaloflight.org.uk
Hopefully the link is working !!
I think my computer skills are improving at last :clap: with mousys help !

1 Me + Mia (my grand daughter) and Lucy the labrador

2 Steveandenise

3 Teasy2007

Raising funds for Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland Air Ambulance.

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Please put my name on the list for this, thanks !

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
would love to come along to this, health permitting, so could i put my name down for this please..
interesting too with something for everyone, plus contributing to a very worthy cause..

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Ok here goes............(y)

Broomhill farm at Brackenfield
Crich lane farm at Wessington C/C members c/l
Batemans Mill campsite Clay Cross
Packhorse farm campsite at Tansley
Lickpenny touring park Nr. Matlock
Kelham hall Newark.............Sherwood forest campsite..............both nice but not cheap..:whistle:
Rugby club in Worksop ...............not tried them all:)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Dawn

Newhall Farm at Edingley is very nice, small private site, walking distance of a pub and walk to Southwell (very nice place) off road.

Really nice owners.

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Please put us down, we live about six miles from there and one of our daughters actually lives there! Ann and Mick

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
Ok here goes............(y)

Broomhill farm at Brackenfield
Crich lane farm at Wessington C/C members c/l
Batemans Mill campsite Clay Cross
Packhorse farm campsite at Tansley
Lickpenny touring park Nr. Matlock
Kelham hall Newark.............Sherwood forest campsite..............both nice but not cheap..:whistle:
Rugby club in Worksop ...............not tried them all:)

Hi Dawn

Newhall Farm at Edingley is very nice, small private site, walking distance of a pub and walk to Southwell (very nice place) off road.

Really nice owners.

signboard-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
I hope you are all going to deck your 'vans with lights for this event. It is a Christmassy themed event so early though it is fairy lights and Santa hats are definitely the gear for this meet !!

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
christmas-tree-gifts.gif

Update

1. Scammellmanswife
2. Steveandenise
3. Teasy2007
4. Mike & Dawn B
5. Simply
6. Dryad
7. Panda
8. MykCamper 1

christmas-kiss.gif

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
:) Shaping up for a nice little meet. :)
Have spoken to lady in charge bless her and she seems to have got it a bit round her neck so if any more want to come I think its probably best I check with her first to see how much space she has left. So can we now have a reserve list please Mike B seeing as you are the computer wiz kid. :):) I love the festive touches Mike is that you and Dawn cuddling up under the mistletoe/holly :inlove:
Don't forget the Santa hats it can be a bit cool in the evening !!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:( :( Got a very important hospital day that week and really realllllllllly annoyed cannot go to this meet. Hope you all have a wonderful wonderful time and will be thinking of you. :(

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Sorry you cant make it joy all the best with your hospital appointment. Will catch up with you at Southport.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Thought this link may be of interest. www.oldpoets.co.uk This looks a great pub, its not the nearest but it should be within walking distance . Apart from the obvious food and drink :cheers: there is also some useful info about local walks of about an hour or so that I am going to print off if anyone wants a copy. Just a reminder that it is cash £35 on arrival. No cheques please. Please just quote your number from the list on here when you arrive and the steward will give you an application form to fill in. Apparently they use that info to invite you next year or to ban you if you misbehave.........:giggler:

Expected time of arrival may be helpful. Anita is an elderly lady with some health issues so I want to make her job as easy as possible...... I will be there early afternoon on Thurs .
Looking forward to meeting you all :wine:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Thinking of coming - just read the directions on the site's website - says do not rely on satnav , will take you on unsuitable roads - follow directions given:

Nearest motorway junctions -
Junction 28 or 29 M1

FROM THE A61 ALFRETON (J28) TO CHESTERFIELD (J29) ROAD:
Take the B6014 Ashover Road at the White Bear Public House (turn left from Alfreton, right from Chesterfield), continue along the B6014 then bear right onto the B6036 Ashover New Road. Turn right by the Nettle Inn onto Hardmeadow Lane then bear right into Milken Lane.

The showground is on the left just before the sports ground and parish hall.

FROM THE A632 MATLOCK TO CHESTERFIELD ROAD:
Take the B6036 Ashover Road at the Kelstedge Inn (turn right from Matlock, left from Chesterfield). Continue along the B6036 then turn left into Narrowleys Lane just before entering the village. At the top of the road turn right into Moor Lane. At the junction bear left by the Black Swan public house.

The showground is on your right just past the doctor's surgery, parish hall and sports ground.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back