Ideas please (1 Viewer)

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Ferry booked. Hull Zeebrugge 23 September. Return 27th November. What would you do ? Need inspiration

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Ferry booked. Hull Zeebrugge 23 September. Return 27th November. What would you do ? Need inspiration
Sorry could resist that last one :)

I'm sure you'll find all the inspiration as the time ticks nearer. Getting into Zeebrugge means you have 3 good choices really, left, right or straight on :)

You've time to do a fair bit if need be, but it depends on what kind of adventure you want. Are you looking to do many miles, stop for a night or two and then move some more, or head into an area and spends more days parked up touring around :)

Whatever you end up doing, it'll be awesome I'm sure as any trip away in our homes always are :)

Got room for meeeee :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lindylou
Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
PP Bear. Have you considered a position at tripadvisor. Hmm, well we love to travel distance, but also like to settle on site for a few days at least. Thinking of a few days on mosel if weather is good. If not race south

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
I was nearly booking that boat as I wanted to see a few places in Holland but have decided to skip that direction and go Dover - Calais instead as I can only go for 1 month now and want/need the sun.

It'll be starting to get colder there, I imagine, but you could potter around Belgium and then head South for the sun too.

The world's your oyster really. You could look up bus tours in Belgium / Holland and see what they do - it's a good way to get ideas of places to visit - the homework's done for you regarding of where to travel.

Have a fab time whatever you decide to do.

Dot

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Go south at that time of year I think. Denmark can be lovely but not in November. In fact much of mainland Europe cane be dreary in November. Spain it is then! Perhaps a leisurely drive south and then a quick return? Many campsites will be closed so you need to plan ahead or use aires.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
PP Bear. Have you considered a position at tripadvisor. Hmm, well we love to travel distance, but also like to settle on site for a few days at least. Thinking of a few days on mosel if weather is good. If not race south
Möhne Dam is a great place to visit, take a tour on the water and walk along the top between the towers the Dam Busters used as targets to line up the planes. The boat tours are guided and cover the raids too :)

If you're that way inclined, Colditz Castle is a great place to see too :)

OP
OP
lindylou
Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Möhne Dam is a great place to visit, take a tour on the water and walk along the top between the towers the Dam Busters used as targets to line up the planes. The boat tours are guided and cover the raids too :)

If you're that way inclined, Colditz Castle is a great place to see too :)
Sounds good. My hubby was on dam busters squadron for a while.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We did the same crossing at almost exactly the same dates 2 years ago.
We basically headed into Germany, down the Mosel, Luxembourg, Strasbourg, along the Rhien for a bit, Rhine Falls, nimble around the lake Constance on the Swiss Border, Fussen for the fairy tale castle, the Romantic road, Munich,
Aachen, Trier, Bernkastel, Rothenburg, Heidelberg, lots and lots of places too many to remember.
We ended up in Amsterdam for a few days but it was getting so cold we did change our return booking and come home a week early.
We got snowed in for three days in Fussen.
Try the German Tourist Board web site for inspiration.
http://www.germany.travel/en/towns-cities-culture/top-100/germany-travel-attractions.html

OP
OP
lindylou
Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Thanks all. We did Germany and the romantic road in spring. Would love to do it again but getting towards cold weather then. Will probably potter down into Spain using aires en route.

Lin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back