Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Seems like the previous owners loved Scotchlok connectors.

I have found them nothing but the source of a multitude of intermittent electrical problems and have spent many an hour going through the Vans electrical system pulling them out and making the connections properly.

It's nice to know that when you switch something on...it works.:ROFLMAO:

lady jann

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
welsh border
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
approx 10 yrs

I have found them nothing but the source of a multitude of intermittent electrical problems and have spent many an hour going through the Vans electrical system pulling them out and making the connections properly.

(thats what val says about me !!!):ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Yes indeed, Skotchloks are used extensively by converters of yank vehicles to UK spec, ... a source of many faults, but if used correctly they shouldn't be a problem, that said many are used incorrectly and I agree they are best replaced by soldering or crimp ferrules.
I don't particularly like chocolate blocks either, if dampness creeps in the electrolytic action between two polarities causes corrosion. Best used singly and protected with a rubber self amalgamating tape rather than PVC tape.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back