Truma Combi 6E - No lights on (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Had a variety of tents, tipis, motorhomes, caravans and now back to a coach built motorhome!
Hi. Wondered if I could request some help from you all in case you've seen this issue before.

We have a Bessacarr E560 2010 with a Truma 6E installed.
Its worked faultlessly until a few weeks ago on a weekend trip when the control panel showed no lights (green, red or yellow) and obviously didn't work.
When we returned home I tested with a multimeter to confirm that 12V was indeed getting to the boiler. I checked all of the fuses, which were good. On the circuit board on the Truma I could see a tiny led that was flashing with a code, but I couldn't easily interpret it.
I tried powering everything off and I was aware of a red reset button buried away. I tried this as well but as I couldn't see it and it didn't appear to be a positive press I wasn't sure I had actually reset this.

We booked it in to our local dealer Davans who relieved us of some money and said that it just needed resetting, but didn't explain any more. I did test it at home and could see that it was working fine.

You can sense a however coming! We've gone away for a week long trip and first stop and its not working again! Grrrr.

So has anyone got any ideas, and any idea on the exact process to reset?
Is the red button a positive press? Does it matter whether its pressed with the power to the unit or all off?

Thanks for any help in advance.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
As far as I know, the red reset button is only for when the boiler has overheated itself. Resetting after a fault code 'incident' can usually be achieved by just turning the control knob to 'off', leaving it a minute or so then switching on again. If there is still a fault on the boiler there will be a red LED flashing on the control knob.

If you have no lights of any colour showing on the control knob then, as you already know, that points to no 12v supply. Maybe a loose connection somewhere causing an intermittent fault?

If there's a fault, the LED on the boiler itself produces a 'Morse code' of 8 short and long flashes, which it repeats until reset. You need to note down the pattern of these short and long flashes. I have a pdf list of these codes but the link to them no longer seems to work. If I can work out how to upload the file I will do so for you. They can give a useful clue as to what might be wrong, but a depressing number of them lead to restart heater/check power supply/replace PCB (which isn't cheap!). :RollEyes:

OP
OP
DaveS
Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Had a variety of tents, tipis, motorhomes, caravans and now back to a coach built motorhome!
As far as I know, the red reset button is only for when the boiler has overheated itself. Resetting after a fault code 'incident' can usually be achieved by just turning the control knob to 'off', leaving it a minute or so then switching on again. If there is still a fault on the boiler there will be a red LED flashing on the control knob.

If you have no lights of any colour showing on the control knob then, as you already know, that points to no 12v supply. Maybe a loose connection somewhere causing an intermittent fault?

If there's a fault, the LED on the boiler itself produces a 'Morse code' of 8 short and long flashes, which it repeats until reset. You need to note down the pattern of these short and long flashes. I have a pdf list of these codes but the link to them no longer seems to work. If I can work out how to upload the file I will do so for you. They can give a useful clue as to what might be wrong, but a depressing number of them lead to restart heater/check power supply/replace PCB (which isn't cheap!). :RollEyes:

Let's see if the file has uploaded ok .........
Thanks very much for your response. I had found this doc. previously. This time the led on the boiler isn't flashing. It seems as dead as a dodo, mind you the previous time at stages it was like that despite showing 12v on the unit, and the engineer managed to get it back from the dead with his reset procedure. I'll ring the dealer tomorrow to see if they can make any suggestions I can try. Otherwise we're in for a cold week away. :)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Just seen from your intro that you're currently in the Cambridge area. I know a very good (and reasonably priced) mobile engineer who is based near Graffham Water - and he has the Truma diagnostic software on his computer. You could always give him a ring - Mark on 07725 216088.

OP
OP
DaveS
Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Just seen from your intro that you're currently in the Cambridge area. I know a very good (and reasonably priced) mobile engineer who is based near Graffham Water - and he has the Truma diagnostic software on his computer. You could always give him a ring - Mark on 07725 216088.
Thanks Maz. As we've paid to get this fixed once I will phone my local dealer tomorrow, but will have a think about using the local mobile chap you've recommended. Thank you so much for your help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
try removing fuse on main board kills evrything then may re-set itself,i think the re-set button is left hand side on top

OP
OP
DaveS
Jan 2, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Knaus Van Ti 640 MEG
Exp
Well I guess I should provide an update.
The reset process that gets it working is to remove ALL power to the 'van, I.e disconnect leisure battery and vehicle battery the engineer said on the phone.

Anyway we survived the week away it was booked back in to get it sorted and a faulty control panel switch was diagnosed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back