'Letter' from a gassing thief (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Dear MHF

I am a thief, I am good, I have been well trained
I could pick your pocket or steal the watch from your wrist in broad daylight without you knowing who had done it
I prefer to work nights so now I steal from vehicles at service areas
I know that people resting there are very tired and unlikely to wake while I am working
I choose motor homes, caravans or trailer tents because there will normally be at least two on board - more purses/cards/cash/phones/passports
I move silently from vehicle to vehicle looking for an easy entry - open windows, unlocked doors - Trailer tent - easy to slice open and reach inside
I can open locked doors - I research and practice - I take my job seriously
Any sign of ‘life’ and I move on
I have all night and will know the ‘best’ service areas - there will always be an easy ‘mark’
I will be long gone before my victims wake and call the police

They might claim they were gassed - I am upset - I am a professional, I take pride in my work - I do not need gas

T. Leaf

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
deer t Tealf
In response to your latter
I am more than willing and happy to have you come and rob my van I sleep very lightly.
I will have a nice surprize for you when you enter my home on wheels.
First of all I will blind you with my fire extinguisher beet you over the head with it.
Then take my very sharp axe and cut your f........g fingers off and feed them to my dog come on in your most welcome.
bill

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Look you fellas! this cave man approach will only get you into trouble with with Foreign Johnny Rozzer. You got to be subtle, subtle but firm, and more importantly, invisible!!!
Chilli powder! Paprika! Cayanne Pepper even normal Pepper, A Fly Spray Aerosol,
Come on fellas! think! be inventive!!!
Fly Spray, Ronson lighter, Bingo!!! yer own flame thrower!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Fire extinguisher it takes nana second to am and fire a blinding cloud of white power up to 15ft the shot gun of the shelf defence world.
Don't need to explain to the rozers to much it's a none lethal defence system and will incapacitate for up to 30 min.
One of the most important things in staying alive distance.
All the other allow your adversary to get to close and fiddly and are ineffective.
Every van carry's a fire extinguisher and you know where it is it's always in the same place.
one blast and most times they will be on there hells and gone.
and are easily identified as the one covered in whit powder.

bill

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Been watching too many old James Bond movies again? ;)

No , had trouble recently by yobs trying to wreck my hedge. The Bus drops em off at the end of the road from sat night out at Newquay, 0200 sunday.
0100 I cover the hedge with Cayanne Pepper (Polish is best) and Chilli powder.

10Metres up the road the OOHHING AND AHHING start, and if they urinate the "sighs" are even louder . One day! they'll learn!

Reactions: GJH
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Love the thought of Bill and family queuing up to hit TLeaf in turn with the extinguisher
there training goes as far as blasting in face with power and run.
but I am sure that lyn wouldn't stop there I know her she wasn't called kamikaze for nothing.

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Thanks for all the replies

I was trying to show that ‘gassing’ is a distraction, if it happens at all, to the many more ‘ordinary’ thefts that probably happen without being reported

I do believe that criminals actively target tourists, particularly when stopping, whether at Service Areas or anywhere and we need to be aware rather than afraid

Simple thefts just wont make the news - gassing does

Being aware of where we stop and taking simple steps to protect our vehicles and belongings, including keys, is just sensible

I was targeted, followed and had my vehicle broken into over 30 years ago in Barcelona while parked on a main road in the middle of the day

Even then I made sure our passports, documents and cash were safe - I didn’t report it either - but lesson learned !

And I think I need to replace my fire extinguisher - instructions are in French - and I think it’s the same age as the van - 23 years old !:(

(y)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Love the Fire extinguisher BUT. This is Silly and Not so silly.
Our f/ex is by the entry door,advice given by a Fire..... Person ? lol. In the event of a fire,get every body out,THEN see if you can fight the fire. We can also escape from the back doors
Does this mean i have to fight my way into Aldi to buy another,now that the GREAT WASHED (And LOADED) ? Masses have started shopping at,"That Store !"?. The Aldi carrier bag,is now seen everywhere,is it because shoppers have stopped loading their shopping into the "Old" top three or four stores bags at checkout?.
Tea Bag

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
deer t Tealf
In response to your latter
I am more than willing and happy to have you come and rob my van I sleep very lightly.
I will have a nice surprize for you when you enter my home on wheels.
First of all I will blind you with my fire extinguisher beet you over the head with it.
Then take my very sharp axe and cut your f........g fingers off and feed them to my dog come on in your most welcome.
bill
Tut! Tut! Human rights old boy! Human rights! :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
All the while Mace is illegal, hair spray will do a turn and cheaper than discharging your fire extinguisher.
... and a heck of a lot easier with hair spray and no cleaning up afterwards ... have you ever seen the bl**dy mess fire extinguisher powder makes ... after we'd had to use one in a previous MH we were finding the bl**dy stuff for ages in loads of places you'd never imagine it would get to!:(

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Garden pump spay (aldi) fill with old battery acid works well (y)
... and wreck your MH's interior at the same time ... I think not.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Plus with the hairspray you can light it and melt their face :)

Should I add a smiley face to emphasise im joking before I get ostracised?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
... and a heck of a lot easier with hair spray and no cleaning up afterwards ... have you ever seen the bl**dy mess fire extinguisher powder makes ... after we'd had to use one in a previous MH we were finding the bl**dy stuff for ages in loads of places you'd never imagine it would get to!:(
who cares abut the mess fumbling around to find hare spray in the midal of the night to find hare spray and where is your hare spray deer if your wife is like mine every thing get tided away
range of hare spray 2. 1/2 ft knife in hart range of fire extinguisher 15 ft replace fir extinguisher cant replace your life
rather clean up sum dust than blood of my family

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Deep Heat spray aerosols!