Internet tv in France (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know this must have been gone through before and never really felt the need for tv on holiday, but seeing shiftz post on films and having all you can eat data from three , is there any way you can watch British TV through the net on ipad, as we are going for a month there might be odd times it would fill an hour or two.
Thanks

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Btw we do already have filmon, does that work abroad

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Btw we do already have filmon, does that work abroad
Yes, I'm S/E of Bordeaux. I still get sat TV UK? and I can also get filmon via Wifi althogh its a split sec behind(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I used it when I was in France and Spain , using Chrome and ZenMate, that enabled me to change the IP address.

I also have an echostar with sling..

It will use a lot of bandwidth

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We found we had UK TV from Capbeton up on the west coast. Our friend on the med coast had nothing. BBC was not available that far south however.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You will also need a FAST internet connection otherwise the picture freezes just as a goal is about to be scored/saved...

JJ :cool:
Got bt sport at home and on the ipad, stoke are on in their one and only game this season on it on the thirteenth but don't think bt tv works in France, that is the main thing I was thinking of when I asked the question

DocHoliday

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
5 years
Wiziwig.tv is what you want for free streaming sport. But I've no idea if Flash, Sopcast or Acestream will work on an iPad.

Deleted User
We use this link across the Eu works very well, even on the slowest of internet links.

http://www.uktv.ws/

Enjoy
It said powered by Filmon when I tried it so what's the difference?

Filmon requires a half decent internet connection and still freezes occasionally and then misses a chunk when it does eventually reconnect.
BBC iplayer or ITV player via Zenmate at least picks up from where it freezes, just takes about 2 hours to watch a one hour programme, if your lucky :LOL:

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
You can use your free 10 hour recording time to plan advance recording on Filmon that you can watch when and if you have a good internet connection. Or you can find the recorded file on Filmon, right click on it and save it to your machine to play at your leisure. It will download at even dialup speed.

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back