Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Hi folks
Just to let you all know if you have a bike rack with a cover on take it off.we were
Shopping at auchan Calais wednesday morning usual stuff wine and beer.then we decided to go and look what aldi had I knew where aldi was so my sister behind me followed us.when we stopped my brother in law said your bikes seem to be loose.the four of us were at the back of my van and the bikes did seem wonky.my bike rack is a newish Thule that fits on my towball when I pressed the pedal to allow the bike to fall towards me an illegal
Immigrant fell out of the cover shocking all of us!!! The next morning we woke at the yacht basin to find 3 other bike rack covers had been tampered with
Tude

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hi folks
Just to let you all know if you have a bike rack with a cover on take it off.we were
Shopping at auchan Calais wednesday morning usual stuff wine and beer.then we decided to go and look what aldi had I knew where aldi was so my sister behind me followed us.when we stopped my brother in law said your bikes seem to be loose.the four of us were at the back of my van and the bikes did seem wonky.my bike rack is a newish Thule that fits on my towball when I pressed the pedal to allow the bike to fall towards me an illegal
Immigrant fell out of the cover shocking all of us!!! The next morning we woke at the yacht basin to find 3 other bike rack covers had been tampered with
Tude

Good info and thanks!

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Hi folks
Tude
I heard a story recently about one who had climbed up the rear rack and was lying flat on the roof lol ......i saw hundreds of them around calais back in July just shows they'd try anything

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glyn and Debbie

Free Member
May 18, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
Since 2008
I was following Tude through calais laughing with my wife Debbie, Tudes sister, about how crap his bike rack was rocking about all over the place, anyway when we arrived at Aldi I proceeded to take the p**s out of tude shaking his really wobbly bike rack, he came up with the excuse that the tilting mechanism wasn't locked and when he tried to show me, something moved under the cover which made him jump back shouting "THERES SOMETHING IN THERE" and out popped a Sudanese guy much to our amazement. He wasn't aggressive or rude, in fact he was quite polite just saying he wanted to go to England. Anyway poor lad had a bit of a walk back to the Auchen.
What Tude neglected to tell you was that his partner Caroline was really upset and felt really sorry for him, in fact when they were at the Auchen the following day the Sudanese boy was there so she cooked him a croque monsieur and went across and gave it to him, bloody soft these women.:rolleyes:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
What Tude neglected to tell you was that his partner Caroline was really upset and felt really sorry for him, in fact when they were at the Auchen the following day the Sudanese boy was there so she cooked him a croque monsieur and went across and gave it to him, bloody soft these women.:rolleyes:

That`s it then...:(

Definately another bugger determined to get over here.. ;)

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Sorry mate I think that's very weird, the poor sods down on his luck do you have to kick him as well?
It's ok when he does eventually get here our soft touch benefits system will sort him out

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
We can back on the WET bank holiday monday last weekend. We did not see any would be illegal imagrants. Howevere the very chaty female border control officer said they were targeting motorhomes and a few owners had been threatened with knives.

greygit

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Forest of Dean, Glos, France and Spain
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We can back on the WET bank holiday monday last weekend. We did not see any would be illegal imagrants. Howevere the very chaty female border control officer said they were targeting motorhomes and a few owners had been threatened with knives.

Not gassing?

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Why even be bothered about these immigrants coming over here ? no one knows them, no one knows what they're capable of or whatever they're running from to come here - I say any do gooders who feel sorry for these people should have them living next to them or in the same street and then lets see how you sleep at night when you hear a creaking on the stairs at night !

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
A useful warning thanks, we avoid Calais, other than needing to get to the chunnel terminal, always shopping further out on the way in, I have always thought Calais prices might be loaded for us Brits, with the added immigrant issues I definitely will find somewhere else to shop.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Oi you lot this is serious :D

On the 'serious side' discussing the knife threat bit with Bev we concur this is bollox

Even if with the use of a knife they forced you to let them get into the garage, surely as soon as you approach the armed guards at the ferry or chunnel terminal you 'will have something to declare'

Game over, or maybe they also gas you with something to make you forget (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

On the 'serious side' discussing the knife threat bit with Bev we concur this is bollox

Even if with the use of a knife they forced you to let them get into the garage, surely as soon as you approach the armed guards at the ferry or chunnel terminal you 'will have something to declare'

Also thought crossed my mind , if they knife you they don't have a driver:doh:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

That's enough 'gassing' for one night!:LOL:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
This sort of thing is bound to happen,(Unlike gassing).Years ago,we were advised with lorries, not to stop overnight within 25k of Calais/Boulogne with regard to stowaways.
Hows this for a Calais wake up call 02.00hrs,me nodding off in the queue shipside waiting to board,(Come through the checks at dock gates). Banging on the cab door,me wide awake in seconds,looks out,man stood at the side of the cab,iron bar in hand shouting,"Get out,get out!". First thoughts i must have REALLY upset him somewhere,then he adds," They are climbing under your trailer,give us a hand to shift them quick"
Going to Pidous ? Beer warehouse within sight of the truck,tooled up to repel boarders?
It is only ever going to get more common ,so be on your guard ,having said that,it only happened to me once,but while you are in the queue to come home,the french police are regularly opening up trailers and turfing people out,they have perfected a way of getting them into their vans,scruff of the neck,lift and push,off balance the perps fall A over H in a heap onto the van floor,result

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

like I said, I never seen any, but truth the border contral officer ( a scottish female) told us when she checked our passports that motorhomer were being targeted for imagrant to stow away in and some of them ( the imagrants ) had kinves.

They would have ahd a hard time getting in my locker as it was full of wine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back