Now I know the prefered layout..... (1 Viewer)

Foxglove

Free Member
Aug 20, 2014
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Leaning toward something with the kitchen at the back and no fixed beds, just need some pointers of what makes/models to look at, something around 10 years old up to £15k odd....unless I win the lottery sometime soon!:sneaky:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Leaning toward something with the kitchen at the back and no fixed beds, just need some pointers of what makes/models to look at, something around 10 years old up to £15k odd....unless I win the lottery sometime soon!:sneaky:

Anything in the Autosleepers range with EKTBLP in the title, if you and me win the lottery simultaneously maybe even a new one! There are still some old Heralds about that have the same layout and are about 10-15k. Had one it was a cracking vehicle and we wish we'd kept it!

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Look at the pre 2000 Hymer 544 and 584. could fit the bill. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
We've got a 51 plate Cheyenne 630s on a Fiat Chassis with a 2.8 JTD with exactly that layout which is what SWMBO wanted, plenty of kitchen worktop and a pleasure to drive. It was a bit more than 15K but that was 12 months ago.

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
One of my early vans was a Compass Calypso on a VW base. It was petrol with an LPG conversion and I loved it. Very comfortable to drive and a nice small van. Also had a Hymer with rear kitchen and that too served me well. Making the right decision on the layout is, in my opinion, the most important first step and the fun now starts in looking for your ideal van. If possible get to the Lincoln show and have a look at what is on offer. If you are not trading anything in ignore the price in the window! Good luck and enjoy the hunt.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back