First time in MH to Scotland (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Planning to go in a couple of weeks depending on weather. I have researched campsites and have come up with the following 2. Has anyone been there who could advise us whether these are a good choice or not. Thanks.

Queensberry Bay Holday Park, Annan
Glentrool Holiday Park, Newton Stewart

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
In Scotland September I would not tie myself down to one or two campsites I would just follow the front of the van.
I agree, I like Galloway but you are only dipping a toe into Scotland, there are many other places and if you have time I would head up to the Fort William area then perhaps across to Inverness area, it is generally drier on the East Coast. For free camping try the harbour at Cruden Bay for a couple of days. It all depends on what you want of course but for views you need to go further north.

OP
OP
The Dudess
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Hi David and Carol. We are only there for a few days so need to stay south (ish).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Dude we have stayed at the queensberry bay one quite a few times even though its only 13 miles from home. They have a few statics and a large touring field, we have always found it to be nice and clean with no issues although we only stay for a night. The shore side pitches are a little more expensive but do have lovely views and if you like walking the beach goes for miles. You can walk along the single track road to the hotel about 5 mins walk and have a meal and pint. There is a small CL or could be cs site right next door to it if your a member this would be a cheaper option. You can also wild camp on the shore road if its only for a night as we have done many times.
Let me know if you need any info on the area and I will do my best to help.
As for Glentrool never stayed on site as we wild camp around that area.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Dude & Gellyneck,
We also are up that way but not until about the 15 sept for about a week or so, never know might bump into you. ( not literally )
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back