Rally Twin Lakes, France meet - May 1st - May 22nd 2015 (1 Viewer)

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Jean & myself have arranged a meet at Twin Lakes, France (www.twinlakesfrance.com) between 1st May and 22nd May 2015. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome. As it is a Meet and not a Rally you are invited to join us at any point during the three week period and enjoy the reduced rate for a pitch. Primarily we are there to celebrate Jean’s 70th birthday, which is on 5th May 2015. There will be a Pig Roast on that day.

During our stay there may well be other parties as several attending have birthdays and anniversaries. We will be putting on a Mr & Mrs Evening, with of course the famous Clock to be won.

On 14th May from 7pm onwards will be Hippie Evening. Music and Karaoke (supplied by a local DJ) from the 60's. Come dressed as a hippie and win Best Dressed Hippie. You will even get a Certificate with your photo on it to show your friends.

Pitch prices are 11E per night without EHU and 14E with EHU, which are obviously limited. This is a worthwhile saving on the normal pitch fee. It will be up to you to contact Twin Lakes to book your pitch prior to the period stated above. Make sure you quote ‘JaG’s Meet’ and quote you are MotorhomeFun when booking. Dates outside this period will be as per normal rates for the site, or a price you negotiate with Garry & Jan.
If you think you may go please let us know so we can give them some idea of anticipated numbers attending. Please complete the RSVP page in the Rallies list as well. It is located here:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/events/twin-lakes-france-meet.16/

A bit about Twin Lakes and getting there.
Twin Lakes Caravan Park is a picturesque site set in the region of Charente-Maritime, France, which is rich in culture, gastronomy and with the most wonderful sights.
It is 820km (509 miles) from Calais via Paris or 829km (515 miles) via Rouen. We did work out a route for caravan avoiding all tolls and it is 484 miles of which 255 miles are on Motorways. Time estimated was 12 hours. This was done on Michelin Route Planner. You will obviously have your own preferred route. We did the Paris route using Tolls last year and it proved expensive on Tolls and Paris was busy around the Ring Road.

English family owned they cater for those seeking a quiet and restful holiday in rural France away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. At Twin Lakes, customers are treated as individuals, knowing that everyone expects something special from their family holiday in France. Their aim is to offer choice and flexibility making your French holiday a memorable one.
Guests will exchange the traffic jams for the French countryside, the crowded pavements for a coastal path, the urban stress for the great outdoors, and a holiday in Charente-Maritime, France is the perfect antidote for de-stressing from modern day life. Sit back, relax, and enjoy. Rural France is so fabulous to explore, or just be here and relax any time of year. The one thing you are sure of is the warm and friendly welcome. The hardest thing you will have to do here is…..leaving when it is time to go home.

The sites facilities
• Bar serving a selection of both Continental and English beers, local wine, hot and cold drinks
• Snack bar serving light snacks and evening meals
• Electrical hook ups
• Reception area with information leaflets
• Beautiful field available for Rallies
• Disabled toilet with W.C. Shower & Wash Basin
• Swimming and Paddling Pool
• Pool Table
• Sky TV in lounge area
• Pot washing room
• Calor Gas
• Disposal points
• Fishing on site - free for Residents. Note: FISH MUST NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE LAKES.
• Dogs are welcome - however, please keep under proper control at all times.
• Communal barbecue area
• Barbecues are allowed using a portable or disposable barbecue (disposables available from the shop). Please keep off the ground when lit. Camp fires are not allowed on any part of the site.
• Picnic Tables
• Water Points
• Children's playground and sports field
Locally you will see the immediate area has everything you could want while staying there.

Local Google Map
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...spn=0.217088,0.500372&source=embed&dg=feature

Places to visit: Blaye with it’s big market and Citadel, Bordeaux, Bourg, Cognac, Montendre with it’s Night Market during the summer months, Royan, Saintes

SeeUKCampsites Reviews here:

Photo album added Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
That will be great. Let us know nearer the time. Until then I will put you down as 'expression of interest'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Roger & Sheila. Lovely to hear from you both and hope all is well with you both. Noted your interest and look forward to seeing you again if you decide to come. You will definitely love France, the trip down and the site and friendship too.

Dec 10, 2010
where ever we park up
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
just completed 6th year
Hi Jean & Graham, many thanks for the great write up, God willing we will all be there to help you both celebrate Jeans special day xx see you both soon xx

Reactions: JaG
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Sounds great, if my numbers come up on Lotto I`ll order my Burstner and be there, otherwise I`ll still be at work I`m afraid, one day though ......................... I`ll make it :)

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Would you please put us down as interested, as it's Michaels 78th birthday on 9th May, and we love that area,. Ann and mick

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Consider it done.
Yes, the area is lovely and the site and friendliness is unequalled. Hope you can make it.

bobnden

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2013
barnsley
Funster No
MH
Motorhome kontiki
Exp
5yrs +
Hi, would you please put us down as interested (bobnden) also snowbird (new member)thanks for the info bobnden

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Noted, both on potential list. I will update the thread early in the New Year to remind everyone of procedure for booking.
Hope to see you both there.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Looks nice and ...peaceful! Only 300 kms from home! I will keep an eye on this thread and if I happen to be free (1st or 8th May are bank hols and very often my employers go away! So I might have free time without taking any days off!) I'll call in . Only prob I won't know it before last minute probably!

Could be a good occasion to see Bob and Janie!;) and meet new funsters too!

Amicalement

Frankie

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
No problem with short notice. If the opportunity arises grab it with both hands because you will not be disappointed. It is paradise peaceful and so laid back you need to make sure you do not fall into the lake, lol.
Hope to see you there.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Norman and Sue.
Will do. added to interested list and will keep you posted.

songbird

Free Member
Aug 15, 2014
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caravan, Bailey Orion
Exp
Caravanning for about 35 years
Noted, both on potential list. I will update the thread early in the New Year to remind everyone of procedure for booking.
Hope to see you both there.
Hi JaG, BobnDen put my name as snowbird but it's Songbird(Maggie & Steve) he must have been having a senior moment as usual lol. Maggie

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Definitely interested in this get together, my birthday is also 5th and Trish is 13th and our wedding anniversary is 19th so plenty to celebrate :party2:

thanks Pat & Trish
WOW!!
That is some celebrating to do in the 3 weeks. Definitely the place to be to celebrate. They do an awesome Pig Roast for anyone who funds it somewhat, so I am told.
Hope you can make it. I have added to the 'interested list' and keep in touch.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi JaG, BobnDen put my name as snowbird but it's Songbird(Maggie & Steve) he must have been having a senior moment as usual lol. Maggie
No problem, I thought there must be two Snowbird's as we know one already.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Expression of Interest List
BobnDen
bobandjanie
normanandsue
panda
pat1951
pepper386
Songbird
teddybard
Wildge
yodeli

Dizzydd

Free Member
Jun 16, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
Sounds amazing ! please put us down as interested. We will keep an eye on the thread in the New Year.
Dee & Steve

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Name added Dee and Steve.

Expression of Interest List
BobnDen
bobandjanie
dizzydd
horshamjack
normanandsue
panda
pat1951
pepper386
Songbird
teddybard
Wildge
yodeli

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
We would also be Interested in a place please Jean & Graham
Not attended any meets previously and this fits in with our return plans from our winter trip

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Name added to list above. We will keep in touch. Look forward to hopefully seeing you there.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi JaG,
We would be keen , and would appreciate you putting us down as an interested party. It'll be our first time abroad with our M/H:D:D.
Do you mind if I PM you with some minor questions ?:whistle:
Chris & Viv

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:LOL::LOL:
Hi JaG,
We would be keen , and would appreciate you putting us down as an interested party. It'll be our first time abroad with our M/H
Chris & Viv

(y) Is that why you up early Viv ?:whistle::whistle:

Never underestimate a man's power of persuasion :LOL:

You've done breakfast in bed again:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hi JaG,
We would be keen , and would appreciate you putting us down as an interested party. It'll be our first time abroad with our M/H:D:D.
Do you mind if I PM you with some minor questions ?:whistle:
Chris & Viv

It will be our first time abroad with the M/H too -- :Eeek: :clap2: :whatthe: :worried: Sheila

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back