LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
As some will know we booked our M.Home and Car on an "A" frame with DFDS, for the 2nd Sept..

Since booking we thought after a lot of deliberating and asking on here, should we or could we get away staying only on Aires... get away without the car..

We have decided to leave the car and go solo and if need be hire while we are away.. well, being the good person I am.... I phoned DFDS to cancel the car..

You dont have a car booked on with that booking ref number, but I have say`s I .... :Eeek:

Check your ticket...... I did...... Large M.Home 3 passengers.... and that`s it... NO car... :crying:

I checked the original order/booking the one with sizes number of people etc, (Which I had saved) ... and yes I did book a car as well.. But for some reason it had not gone through.... :RollEyes:

So for a 9 mtr M.Home and Over 4mtr trailer/car the ÂŁ75 paid one way was not as cheap as I had thought... still not bad for a large`ish M.H.. :Smile:

The point of this rambling is........ Check your ticket for what you think you have booked..

Had we of decided to take the car it could have been very embarrasing... and awkward.. :doh::blush:

I have a lovely picture in my mind of Judy driving off in the Toyota and Paul & I driving onto the ferry... :rofl::rofl:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Mo if you booked it correct it would have trailer on the ticket, thats what they class a car as when you. put an A Frame on it apparently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We catch the train on the Sunday before and now you are travelling light you might catch up. :D :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We will be heading for Portugal, going down the west coast. (y) Bob and Janie.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I had a similar experience when I booked our Eurotunnel for December. I said to the lady it was a motorhome which she entered, then when she told me the price it was half of what I had expected. She checked again and found because she had entered, or tried to enter, motorhome the system did not recognze it and put it through as a motorcycle. Eurotunnel in their wisdom call a motorhome a "Campervan"

I would have looked a bit of a twit turning up with the van on a motorcycle ticket. :LOL::LOL:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
As some will know we booked our M.Home and Car on an "A" frame with DFDS, for the 2nd Sept.....

We are booked DFDS 10.15 Dover Calais on 2 September... what time are you Mo?? Anyone else on that ferry?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We are booked DFDS 10.15 Dover Calais on 2 September... what time are you Mo?? Anyone else on that ferry?
Viennese

We go on DFDS same day, 07.30 sailing. I will leave the funster sign in the window, if you see it come and say hello, this goes to all "funsters"
Phil
gillnphil

We depart 12-15pm... (y)

Then heading for "Hornfleur Aire" for a couple of days, before heading along the North West coast.. (y)

Don`t forget..... Cheese and Wine get together at Parc Verger on or about the 26 - 27th Sept... All welcome.. :party2::drink::beerchug::france:

Plus the idea is to get as many Funsters there as possible to eat Munchie out of house & Home... :clap2::wink::rofl:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We go on DFDS same day, 07.30 sailing. I will leave the funster sign in the window, if you see it come and say hello, this goes to all "funsters"
Phil

I'll leave my sign in my window too!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This reminds me that I saw a van with a Funster sticker last Saturday morning about 09.30 on the A16 just outside Calais, heading South. An Adria I think.

I didn't hoot because I was driving a car

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back