Wild camping site needed for NEC (1 Viewer)

Jun 21, 2008
Haxey, Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
I am going to the NEC tomorrow and need a wild camping site tried all the local C&CC sites all booked up anyone got any suggestions getting desperate now

John

roverman1

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
leeds west yorks
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
wild camping

try a site called wild camping for motor homes if you havnt heard of it they are a great bunch . they will no a place. best of luck:thumb:

S

stagman

Deleted User
I am going to the NEC tomorrow and need a wild camping site tried all the local C&CC sites all booked up anyone got any suggestions getting desperate now

John

Hi John,whenever we go to the nec we stay over in the car parks,find one of the car parks where you see other vans and there should be no problem of staying over night,you may see signs of no camping but we and many others have never taken any notice of this,:thumb:

OP
OP
Dixi
Jun 21, 2008
Haxey, Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Wild Camping

According to the other forum NEC car park is a no no this year I might just have to play it by ear and talk to others parked I do now have an alternative thanks to Roverman1 albeit not ideal but many thanks for your interest

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stagman

Deleted User
Plenty of wild camping going on again this year but the show was a waste of time ,the acssessories were pushed into the smallest hall they could find .I am sure this is where 90% of the visitors where crammed into this small area loooking for bargains which weren't there.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Totally agree,stagman.
We went on the first day and it seemed very quiet. Plenty of vans but the accessories were poor. Outdoor clogs and clothes, usual pans, brushes,chamois leathers but just a couple of MH stands,one of which selling Fiamma goods was very good.
Did anyone else go ?
What did you think?
Lucille

spider

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
AClass
Exp
Nec

Hi guys, yep we went again this year to be honest if we hadnt had free tickets i would have been disappointed.better half spent £80 within 5min thort in for a expensive day :cry: we saw 1 rv that was sold... we stayed on NEC site last yr but we went on marston caravan site this yr 15min from NEC easy to get to,and very pleasent and helpfull wardens : local del of the normal fodder.chip van that comes onsite sat night. and although busy still very quiet. thumb::thumb: dave

spudandpatricia

Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
Wigan, Lancs, England
Funster No
MH
Lowprofile
Exp
Hi guys, yep we went again this year to be honest if we hadnt had free tickets i would have been disappointed.better half spent £80 within 5min thort in for a expensive day :cry: we saw 1 rv that was sold... we stayed on NEC site last yr but we went on marston caravan site this yr 15min from NEC easy to get to,and very pleasent and helpfull wardens : local del of the normal fodder.chip van that comes onsite sat night. and although busy still very quiet. thumb::thumb: dave

Hi all

Went to NEC too. First time actually. Quite enjoyed it, but hard work. Spent two days sorting out specs and prices on possible purchases.

Left on Friday with offer on the one I decided on. Completed on Sunday after changing spec slightly. Deposit now paid.

Rapido 7066 dF, delivery next year.

May not be to everyones liking, but having compared, Hymer, Hobby, Burstner, Chausson, Dethleffs, Adria.

Finally narrowed down to Rapido, Burstner or Adria.

Rapido highest price, but when compared on everything offered, decided to pay a little extra and nailed exactly what I wanted.

Must comment , Adria seemed excellent value for the money.

So any Rapido owners out there. let me know if your happy.

Keep travelling

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi all

Went to NEC too. First time actually. Quite enjoyed it, but hard work. Spent two days sorting out specs and prices on possible purchases.

Left on Friday with offer on the one I decided on. Completed on Sunday after changing spec slightly. Deposit now paid.

Rapido 7066 dF, delivery next year.

May not be to everyones liking, but having compared, Hymer, Hobby, Burstner, Chausson, Dethleffs, Adria.

Finally narrowed down to Rapido, Burstner or Adria.

Rapido highest price, but when compared on everything offered, decided to pay a little extra and nailed exactly what I wanted.

Must comment , Adria seemed excellent value for the money.

So any Rapido owners out there. let me know if your happy.

Keep travelling

My wife and I have been looking at several different vans over the last year or two with the intention of changing.Comparing standard of build ,layout ,looks, comfort and value and we kept on coming back to the Rapido.They are expensive but very nice.In my opinion very good choice.:thumb:

Afansmum

Free Member
Aug 16, 2008
Ceredigion, West Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
only 1!
Your motorhome

I see you have a McLouis Tandy 673. We are thinking of changing our Miller m'home and like the look of this Tandy. Would you recommend it??

Many thaks for your time.

Afansmum:Smile

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I see you have a McLouis Tandy 673. We are thinking of changing our Miller m'home and like the look of this Tandy. Would you recommend it??

Many thaks for your time.

Afansmum:Smile

Hi Afansmum

If you start a new thread you may get more response, the original poster was last active on the 29th Dec and others with a Tandy 673 may not see it.

Jim

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back