sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
going up to Wick then touring around in the toad,,,over to ullapool,,,then use car again,,,then inverness area,,,then down towards fort william and Oban, ..(y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just thought. I would mention this incase it interests any of you. The annual country western fetival is on in Millport 5-7th sept. It costs 36.50 for the MH return plus 5.60 return per adult.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
going up to Wick then touring around in the toad,,,over to ullapool,,,then use car again,,,then inverness area,,,then down towards fort william and Oban, ..(y)
Ach your going all wrong lol get over to the west coast from Perth and follow it all the way north .....that's the best bit trust me .....and you'll never need a concentration camp .....oops I meant campsite

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
We shall be in Scotland for the second and third weeks in September.
Really looking forward to it, and especially catching up with a couple of very close friends :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I'm doing glencoe and Oban next weekend il be in Glen etive wildcamping Friday night if any funsters about :)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, We will be up in Dumfries /Ayr area around the 13th till 21st then off towards north yorkshire . before that gonna visit the lakedistrict.
Terry

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Dinnet near Aboyne (river Dee)

Attachments

• P7290019.JPG
    P7290019.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 21
  • P7290012.JPG
    P7290012.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 23

moonman

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
wirral
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2003
we were thinking of spending three weeks in Scotland and Orkney during September (I particularly want to see Skara Brae) but decided against it because of the "referendum" - what ever the result anti-english sentiment might be running high after the 18th and I'd rather not be part of any unpleasantness.
So its Cornwall for us.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
we were thinking of spending three weeks in Scotland and Orkney during September (I particularly want to see Skara Brae) but decided against it because of the "referendum" - what ever the result anti-english sentiment might be running high after the 18th and I'd rather not be part of any unpleasantness.
So its Cornwall for us.
You'd be surprised most of us scots are not anti English in the slightest.

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
So its Cornwall for us.
i should be ok,,,,i am welsh......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gauntlet

Free Member
Feb 12, 2014
Lanarkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ach your going all wrong lol get over to the west coast from Perth and follow it all the way north .....that's the best bit trust me .....and you'll never need a concentration camp .....oops I meant campsite
Totally agree cross to the Black Isle then head for Ullapool then north up the west coast we were there for a week in July fantastic weather note that according to the weather reports it's to go down hill for the next few weeks

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Totally agree cross to the Black Isle then head for Ullapool then north up the west coast we were there for a week in July fantastic weather note that according to the weather reports it's to go down hill for the next few weeks
towing a toad, so not looking at narrow/ single track roads while tugging it along....dont mind parking up then driving around in toad though....

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
We are currently in Scotland and have had some health issues and needed help. I can say without hesitation that the hospitality and kindness that has been shown to us by the scots has been second to none. Probably the friendliest people I have met , so i too cringe at such negative suggestions
Neil

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
towing a toad, so not looking at narrow/ single track roads while tugging it along....dont mind parking up then driving around in toad though....
Dont know if youve been up that way before but Your only really hitting single track after ullapool ......I've towed 23 ft caravans up there previously and taken the car on the back of the van too

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Dont know if youve been up that way before but Your only really hitting single track after ullapool ......I've towed 23 ft caravans up there previously and taken the car on the back of the van too
thanks,,will think about it , but as on A, frame no reversing if needed....

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

If you don't want single track roads don't go to Scotland then because you find a few are just that. It is not a problem though, trucks make it up there so you will be OK.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
If you don't want single track roads don't go to Scotland then because you find a few are just that. It is not a problem though, trucks make it up there so you will be OK.
Not many single tracks these days .....We are civilised you know :p

And where there are there's plenty passing places .....The size of vans helps there's lots to be said for intimidation lol

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Not many single tracks these days .....We are civilised you know :p

And where there are there's plenty passing places .....The size of vans helps there's lots to be said for intimidation lol
thanks,,been up there last year, but without toad,,taking it this year to see so much more,,,love the area and the people are so friendly and helpful,,,cant wait to get back up there in sept....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back