LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Been backwards and forwards with the incompetent bunch of so and so's several times regarding the GVW up rating. Lost documents, didn't know the colour of the vehicle (on the V5 and told them several times and even sent a photo plus photos of the weight plates). Utterly useless.

Sorry, no - they are amazing. Nobody else could have got it so wrong so many times. Second official complaint going in after Malvern

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Like many large organisations I think a lot depends on the clerk who gets allocated the work. Some are good and some are as much use a as a chocolate teapot.

It's always the teapots who get promoted of course.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Been backwards and forwards with the incompetent bunch of so and so's several times regarding the GVW up rating. Lost documents, didn't know the colour of the vehicle (on the V5 and told them several times and even sent a photo plus photos of the weight plates). Utterly useless.

Sorry, no - they are amazing. Nobody else could have got it so wrong so many times. Second official complaint going in after Malvern

Still early days yet, took them 6 months to do ours, by which time the tax had run out so no refund.
Coincidence?

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I renewed my driving license last week at local post office (they check documents and take your photo for £4.50, costs a fiver now in a photo booth) and received my new license 3 days later, yes 3 days.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Still early days yet, took them 6 months to do ours, by which time the tax had run out so no refund.
Coincidence?
Mine did not involve a change in taxation class, but a "simple" up rating as certified by SV tech. They aren't disputing what they received, but just appear to be utterly unable to change one line of the V5, despite acknowledging receipt of several lots of documents, emails, snail mail, pictures, more documents..........

Driving licence was no problem. Very quick service. Tax and documents? Hopeless

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Thanks - second phase when I get back from Malvern, though hope that the latest rainforest of printed evidence will result in an new and accurate V5

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
It's still worth complaining even if you have a good outcome after the run around. It might help someone else and may even make a difference overall.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
When there was a delay with my licence renewal at 73 earlier this year I complained to my MP, it arrived very quickly after that.

Mike

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I renewed my driving license last week at local post office (they check documents and take your photo for £4.50, costs a fiver now in a photo booth) and received my new license 3 days later, yes 3 days.

Exactly my experience two weeks ago and, gaaasp, my passport came back in 18 days! I'm speechless but puddleduck had it on #4, depends entirely on who opens your paperwork.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Peter just out of interest what have you replaced your trusty old Merc with ?
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back