LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/britstop-update-day-6.90275/

Had a lovely evening meal with our new found friends Jane and Brian. What lovely people to meet and share stories with. Girlies exchanged emails too and I think future visits will be on the cards as we all got on so well. Ain't life awesome :)

Fell asleep to the patter of rain on the roof. I know I've said it before, but there's something comforting about being cosy and warm inside while the rain patters outside. We then woke to another gloriously sunny day, showered and then topped up the fresh, so all ready for the next couple of days. It also allowed Di to have an extended shower and pamper session and use as much water as she wanted to. She's very good at ship showers and conserving water, but no need as we could use it and then fill up. Luckily the tap was right beside us, so easy peasy and all done in under 15 mins. Never saw any other m/h's while we were there. We did watch the cranes lifting out the yachts and putting them on dry dock and then watched the sun go down across the harbour before bed :)

Then met our new friends and their grandchildren for breakfast and sat in the sunny conservatory chatting over coffees before saying farewell and prepping for the next road move again. I use my iPad as my means of satnav and it wasn't until yesterday, that I really utilised it fully as a tomtom substitute and it turns out to be an excellent tool for the journey, so a mixture of my local knowledge and my American lady friend and we get where we want to go without any problems at all.

We had originally intended to make our way to BritStop 138, but then decided we wanted to get nearer to the South Coast, so re-calculated our options and now we're sat at 124 and overlooking the sea. I know I keep saying wow at every one of the BritStops I seem to end up at and this is no exception, as the pictures hopefully show. We're probably just 50 meters from the cliff edge and parked up comfortably at the rear of the carpark. We're slightly below the horizon, so no buffeting from the wind at all. The suns shining and there are steps up to a rear garden area with lots of benches and an impressive view right along the coastline and out to sea. It's simply lovely.

There were 2 other motorhomes already parked up when we arrived. We got here by 1500hrs, so nice and early. Both the other vans were again cloggies and both had BritStop stickers in their windscreens. I spoke to one of them and he asked me straight away if I was also here as part of the scheme. Seems it's really popular with our European cousins from across the pond, as no less than 30 mins later, another nice big Hymer arrived, again a cloggy and again, they had a sticker in the windscreen. Car park is really big and plenty of room at the rear for 5 spaces advertised in the bible and again, it's recommended as a great place to stop for a day or 2. You'll need to level up, as it does slope to one side, so 2 ramps on the left has done the trick. Haven't seen a water point yet, but not really looked as we're full for tomorrow so not required. There are also large bins in the corner of the carpark, so ideal to empty the rubbish :)

We're planning on dinner in the m/h followed by a drinkies in at the bar. This is one of those places whereby I don't think they'd mind in the slightest if you didn't show your face, but we like to pop in, even if it's only for a short while.

Chatting to the coggies they're all booked on a ferry home again tomorrow. Seems they've been touring the UK for the past 3 weeks utilising BritStops along the way. Good on them I say. They were raving about the fact that they'd had almost 3 perfect weeks of weather throughout their journey. I did point out that it's always like that in our country and never rains, but it fell on deaf ears :)

First fill up after 7 days and 350 miles on the nose. Averaging 25.36 mpg (MPG Cal-iPhone app) so very happy with that, especially as we've stuck to so many B roads, that have twisted and wound the way along coastal roads and villages. Today saw us on the main A12 before getting onto a rather quiet M25 and over the Dartford crossing and through the toll (£2) before hitting the A21 and A26 South.

Right we're all fed and full, so off to the bar for to show our faces for a quick drinkies and then back for a relaxing night to watch the sun go down.

More tomorrow :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Lovely posts which have me racing out to the van to check in our book where you are!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Blimey even i am getting interested in Brit Stops you should be on commission
Hi Bluemooner, thanks for the post :)

I looked at Ribble Valley and the map says in the USA, only I'm guessing North of Skipton?

I used to regularly visit Horton in Ribblesdale in my past, gorgeous part of the world if it's the same as your good self :)

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Lovely posts which have me racing out to the van to check in our book where you are!
Thanks Mousy, I appreciate the words. Think you'd love the view here. Not actually that much to do, except sit in the sun if it's out and soak up the amazing view, but a great BritStop to rest for the night, or catch a ferry in the next day :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back