Pet hates on aires. (or grumpy old man time) (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's grumpy old man time, so here goes.. the things that annoy me most on French aires ( could apply to any site)

1. People who wash toilets, dishes, pots, BBQs, dogs, shoes etc etc at the water tap

2. Park right next to you when the aire is almost empty

3. Panel van's with slamming side doors..

4. Arrive late at night and drive around looking for the best spot.

5. Smelly SOG toilets.

6. Dogs running loose and or fouling next to your van, peeing up the wheel is the worst.. :Angry:

Well, I guess that will do for the moment, I'm sure there are more..

What are your's ???

V

vicdicdoc

Deleted User
Exactly the same . . [except I've got a SOG :Blush:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I think that we are pretty laid back, you know" live and let live" and all that, BUT we do like our own space.
We came back to the 5th wheel one day (it is parked in a big field , a cl site) and a folding trailer thing was LESS THAN 4ft away from our front door!!!! with acres of room to choose from.
We got fed up with people parking in "our space" so we moved, guess what, they followed us!!!!
Moan over for now!!!
Nigel

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
hello scotjimland!....i'm french....:Confused:....lol !!but i do feel just the same! I'm not a motorhome user but i decide to join this forum to propose to people travelling to Toulouse (south west) a parking place to have a quiet and secure night. I will tell you more about my proposition if anyone wants to. Sorry for my poor english, hope to read you soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Hello Yodeli salut Yodeli,
We are going to visit friends in Auch and Mielan, so we would be interested in your parking place. A bientot.
Lucille

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
How about a Lithuanian refrigerated truck pulling up along side at 4am and the fridge unit roaring away less than 6 feet away and level with our bedroom when there was acres of room on the Aires! :Angry: :Angry:

This happened to us last year after catching the 1 am Sea France Ferry from Dover to Calais:Angry:

Similar to this

350.jpg

Regards Pat

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well sorry but you better hope that I don't park next to you then.

I always park close by it helps keep the van warmer.

Im never on time and always arrive late and take at least 4 tours around the aire to ensure that the best parking spot is acceptable.

I do have a smelly sog toilet and it might smell outside but I can assure that it's done a fantastic job in getting rid of the smells from inside.

Don't have Dogs, but hey who needs dogs to pee up the side of your van when you have KIDS.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness though, other than the dogs I dont have aproblem with the rest but would add this.

You arrive at an aire where space is a premium. You then find either a) Inconsiderately parked vans
b) someone who thinks they are on a campsite, with BBQ, HEaters, Awning, Deckchairs, and anything else that can take a couple of spaces out. :Angry:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
hello scotjimland!....i'm french....:Confused:....lol !!but i do feel just the same! I'm not a motorhome user but i decide to join this forum to propose to people travelling to Toulouse (south west) a parking place to have a quiet and secure night. I will tell you more about my proposition if anyone wants to. Sorry for my poor english, hope to read you soon.

Hi Yodeli,
Would also be interested in somewhere close to Toulouse, up to now we have used the aire at Vernerque & Auterive. The 2 last times we went through there we had problems which meant we had to find somewhere to stop for a couple of nights so we didn't get much time to visit the city. When I was working I had to go to Toulouse a few times but I never saw anything except the airport or the Airbus factory.:cry:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+

Hi Yodeli,
Would also be interested in somewhere close to Toulouse, up to now we have used the aire at Vernerque & Auterive. The 2 last times we went through there we had problems which meant we had to find somewhere to stop for a couple of nights so we didn't get much time to visit the city. When I was working I had to go to Toulouse a few times but I never saw anything except the airport or the Airbus factory.:cry:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Vans with marine toilets that dump them along with the grey water and don't wash down after themselves,
in August we stayed on the aire at Honflur, there was human solids everywhere, and when you have kids who don't do as they are told and stay in the van, end result an hour spent washing van floor with disinfectant (glad we didn't have the carpets down) and shoes
after this some parking to close is pure heaven

M

Mitch

Deleted User
Grumpy Old Man Stuff

Any site....................
Leaving litter :Angry:
Running a generator late into the night...........:Angry:
"Washing up" left overs under the water taps..............mingin' :Angry:
Loose dogs don't bother me, owners not cleaning up after them does...........:Angry:

That said, the list of things I enjoy is waaaaayyy bigger ::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

One of my gripes is......ARV owners who run their genny at 23.00 hours to power their microwave because they are hungry.

Sorry, but that's not quite cricket, old bean. :winky:

Jock.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
There is one way of stopping people from parking next to you, and I know you have used it Jim..... have a gennie running! Even when invited to pitch up there they often decline.... As for dog's peeing up the wheels I am sure there is a way to get ones own back, could even work for the fouling. No SOG required! Jane and Bob:ROFLMAO:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi all,

One of my gripes is......ARV owners who run their genny at 23.00 hours to power their microwave because they are hungry.

Sorry, but that's not quite cricket, old bean. :winky:

Jock.

Just American RV owners that bug you then :Angry:

Guess the Eurovan owner running a generator at 11.00 pm will be ok :thumb:

Seems a bit one sided wouldnt you say??:Blush::Blush:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hello everybody,:Smile:
Hello Ed and Lucille!
Do you want me to answer to you in private or do you think i can do it in this forum? I don't understand all the words and rules but i thought i could open a new topic (= thread ?)to explain to most, how to get to my place and some other details, but down the page is written:"you may not post new threads,nor replies etc..." . So i didn't dare to. Everything might seem obvious for you all but it is not for me :Blush:!Is there a person on english forums who is suppossed to check the posts before being read by the members?If so, what do you call that person and is there a way to post her in private my very basic questions? Thank you for helping

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
If you want to contact someone from the site admin you can do it by clicking on HOME (at the top left) then on the left hand side under NAVIGATION there is a link to Contact Us, this will go to the site admin if you are having problems or have a query about the site.
Don't know why you can't start a new thread, but regarding the information you are offering if it is something that you are happy to share with anybody who might read the site then you would post on the forum. If however you are giving information such as your address which you might be happy to give to people as long as you know who you are giving it to.
Hope this is of some help, if there is anything else you want to know & I can help you with you can send me a PM.

I have offered the use of my drive for an overnight stay on a few of the other forums I visit & this is usually done by sending me a PM.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
solution for problem (2)

When I spot anyone planning to park right next to me on an nearly empty Aire I make use of my 200 watt per channel sound system playing through those BRILLIANT Bose speakers (plus woofer) and my fondness for heavy metal music. Currently recommend Metallica's Death Magnetic album! They always choose somewhere else on the place...

JJ

PS. sorry about my noisy sliding door on my self build Iveco.

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Cannot comment, never been on one, but a dog peeing up your wheel, is no worse that the next door drunk, who mistakes your wheel for his!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jools

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Funster No
If I had to pitch my MH close to such moan producing activities then I'd sell it!! We always overnight away from humanity and it's foibles.

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
Any ARV in an aire FULL STOP

Any gennies FULL STOP

ANY FRENCH FULL STOOOOOOOP

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
When I spot anyone planning to park right next to me on an nearly empty Aire I make use of my 200 watt per channel sound system playing through those BRILLIANT Bose speakers (plus woofer) and my fondness for heavy metal music. Currently recommend Metallica's Death Magnetic album! They always choose somewhere else on the place...

JJ

PS. sorry about my noisy sliding door on my self build Iveco.

Ted Nugent works for me, don't have a Bose though, maybe I should get one:thumb:
Pete

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Guess the guy must be anti-RV :Eeek:
And anti-generator :Angry:
And Anti-French :Doh:

Im not going to sleep tonight now thinking about it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The real funny thing is Garry's MH
Is as big as an RV
He bought a genny off me
He spends more time in France than he does here:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
The real funny thing is Garry's MH
Is as big as an RV
He bought a genny off me
He spends more time in France than he does here:RollEyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

But it seems his MH isn't an RV Geo, even though its big....so for some reason he despises RVs :ROFLMAO:
And he dislikes other people's generators :ROFLMAO:
and would prefer that France NOT be populated by the French as he dislikes them, not the country!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
and would prefer that France NOT be populated by the French as he dislikes them, not the country!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now theres an idea............I love France but cant stand the French, can we get a petition going to boot them all out, that way all the immigrants waiting to get into the UK via the tunnel will have somewhere to go :thumb::thumb:

Could be the way forward :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Check list to become a false french or a true english(up to you::bigsmile:)

FIRST:

1) be able to make a nice cup of tea: don't forget to warm the tea pot (twice is best as once)ESSENTIEL!
2)boil the water and put it in the tea pot
3)put as many spoons as you need of your best tea( let me think...:RollEyes:will Earl Grey do??)try to forget about tea bags....:Smile:
4)don't let it infuse too long... not good!
5)then choose an old mug... best for the taste!
6)pour PASTEURIZED milk (french milk is just.... eurrrrkk!:Blush:)
7)pour the tea .....want some sugar? ooops!! the "connoisseur" never put any!!!!! stupid little thing!!!!

SECOND:

Be able to eat fish and chips (that's to say french fries:Doh:)any time of day or night.

THIRD:

Be fond of "The machine"!(are they still alive??, better for them to choose golf as a sport hey?)

FOURTH:

If having a pet : must absolutly watch "Barbara Wood..something" and train shouting when going out for a peepee...: "WAaaaaLKIiiiiiiiies"

FIVE:

Train to sign petitions for getting rid of all these frenchies....it might help:roflmto:!!

FIFTH:

hey i forgot about driving:Doh: No way driving on the right side which is supposed to be the wrong side(that way of saying things makes me have a real good laugh!!!!)

SIXTH:

BEST of all : have a good sense of humour!!!!!!:winky::winky::winky:

Now what do you think??? Can I stay home????? PLEEEEASE!!:cry::cry::cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back