Hymer 564 2006 Model 11kg Gaslow/Gas it/Alugas. Fit? (1 Viewer)

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
To save me a lot of schlepping around to check which systems fit in the box by the drivers seat. Has anyone fitted a twin 11kg gas system in their 564 Hymer?
B.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Brian, I don't think you would fit two bottles in there using the Gas it system. I had to remove the original twin 6kg bottles and replace them with 1 x 13kg Gas It bottle. To get it in I had to unbolt the handle from the top. You wouldn't have room to fit two in but seeing as you have a gauge to check the level of gas in the bottle, and you can refill them at any state of level, and with an EU adaptor kit you can refill it in any country you may be in, I didn't see the need for two bottles.

By the way, thanks for showing us your solar installation at Wrenbury. We have now fitted our new 200w solar panels, and by looking at yours, we saved a load of time and the installation went very smoothly and everything is working well.

Cliff

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have two 11Kg Gaslow refillables in my 2005 B584. They were in (badly) when I bought the van and were the early Gaslow with fixed valve guard handles. I cut the handles down not to get them into the locker but to allow the pipe connections to leave the valve and filler connections at sensible angles. I can send a pic if you need one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I have 2 11kg alugas in my 2006 hymer b654. They had to move the regulator up and centralise, but it's fine.
You have to lift the door to fill but that's what I wanted and it's easy to fill up.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just gone out to measure gas box again Brian, and you are able to fit 2 x 11kg bottles in. We prefer sticking with the one as it gives us some extra storage. As we said before, can't see the need for two, extra storage space is much preferable!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I have 2 as all my camping is off electric.
Especially in winter, with heating and hot water, I don't want to worry about running out of gas and where to find some.
Have camped in minus 15, and was snug as a bug in a rug :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have 2 as all my camping is off electric.
Especially in winter, with heating and hot water, I don't want to worry about running out of gas and where to find some.
Have camped in minus 15, and was snug as a bug in a rug :)

We may think differently for winter use, haven't really camped out that much off electric in the winter, but intend to do more this year, so we may fit another bottle in preparation for that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back