LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I need eye drops for my glaucoma and my manager needs BP tablets. Can we get em from pharmacy in Portugal as we do in Spain?

Thanks

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes. they might have a different name . best take your repeat prescription and an old package carton of what you want.
seems to work in every country i have visited . same drugs are worldwide.

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
NHS help site says:
"It's a good idea to travel with a copy of your prescription and a letter from your GP giving:

• details of your medication, including its generic name (not just the brand name)
  • the name of the health condition that you need the medication for"
Maybe the same applies in France.

Hil

Free Member
Aug 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
Talbot express
Exp
Since 2006
Hi jh - I've just a few moments ago joined motorhome fun and interested to see you in Portugal. I am heading to south of france in 10 days and unsure how long travel will take me. Think best I go autoroutes - would you agree?
Hil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Repeat prescription slip plus packaging is really useful especially for things like glaucoma eyedrops as there are lots with very similar names. A letter from your GP is not really necessary for Europe unless you need controlled drugs, this is anything in the morphine/fentanyl/oxycodone type of family. Most surgeries will print off a brief summary for you which will list your current medical problems, past medical history, medication and vaccination history. This is very useful if you have lots of problems especially in an emergency.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Does this mean Portugal is getting more VIP visitors?

JJ :cool:
Yes we are coming again and hubby and are both VIP 's !! He has had a detached retina and I have glasses lol I am guessing that is your meaning !!!

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi jh - I've just a few moments ago joined motorhome fun and interested to see you in Portugal. I am heading to south of france in 10 days and unsure how long travel will take me. Think best I go autoroutes - would you agree?
Hil

Welcome to the Fun!

I don't use toll roads very often... too expensive.

French normal roads are excellent.

Time for journey depends on how fast you go and how many hours per day you choose to drive.

I prefer pottering along slowly stopping when and where I choose depending on the moment...

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back