Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I am instructed by Mrs Simbadog to find a site that meets with the following :

In Cornwall, ideally West or SW
Sea View from Van
Walking distance of decent pub (up to a mile)
Quietish site if possible

I'm struggling o_O

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Doubletrees Farm, St Blazey Gate near St Austell. 01726 812266
Wi-fi on site now.
Short walk to pub
Very very quiet - even in the height of summer!
Also bus outside site to St Austell, Eden Project and Newquay.

Ok not exactly West or South West but very convenient for public transport for all Cornwall.

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi Simbadog

We visited Paddtow early July for first time and was recommended Harlyn area so after a bit of home work settled on Mother Iveys Bay site.
Site is in a peninsular with access to three beaches. Mother Iveys Bay being one of them which us accessed via a path from the site and us fantastic (as good as any in Algarve - white soft sand) (although sea was ice cold!)
Most pitches have views of sea.
Site has good shop and laundrette although we didn't use latter.
They charged £40 pnt for 11x8m pitch incl ehu but site was pristine.
Don't think I'd go during school hols as they open a large field and I think it could be bedlam.
There was a pub about a mile away calked Harlyn inn but we didn't like it much. There's other pubs a little further away in St Merryn plus chippy, garage and shop/bakery.
Bus stop about 1.5m from site takes you into Padstow which is lovely.
Worth looking at their website. We loved it there (quiet after 10pm)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
simbadog
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Simbadog

We visited Paddtow early July for first time and was recommended Harlyn area so after a bit of home work settled on Mother Iveys Bay site.
Site is in a peninsular with access to three beaches. Mother Iveys Bay being one of them which us accessed via a path from the site and us fantastic (as good as any in Algarve - white soft sand) (although sea was ice cold!)
Most pitches have views of sea.
Site has good shop and laundrette although we didn't use latter.
They charged £40 pnt for 11x8m pitch incl ehu but site was pristine.
Don't think I'd go during school hols as they open a large field and I think it could be bedlam.
There was a pub about a mile away calked Harlyn inn but we didn't like it much. There's other pubs a little further away in St Merryn plus chippy, garage and shop/bakery.
Bus stop about 1.5m from site takes you into Padstow which is lovely.
Worth looking at their website. We loved it there (quiet after 10pm)

£40 per night :eek: Do they come round & tuck you in at bedtime? :)

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Interesting... ...NOT!
I was just look at a THS near Rock, its all of £8.50 a night, but there is a tap, a skip a,d somewhere to empty the toilet waste.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Doubletrees Farm in St Blazey Gate - £16 per night for motorhome + 2 people. Free Wifi in reception. Bus outside gates to Eden Project, Newquay and St Austell. 300 yards to main road and buses to Mevagissey, Fowey and Lost Gardens of Heligan.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Treen, lovely sea views.

There is a campsite, you just turn up and put your name down, they then do a sort of roll call at 10.15am to let you know if you are successful.

However, before you get to the site there is a camping field owned by the site, you can stay on that for £3.50. loads of room, sea views, a lovely put about 10 seconds walk, nice meals too.

We just stayed in the camping field, I put our name down then we decided to just stay put as more room for the dog to run about on the camping field.

Great beach within walking distance from the site although access is tricky if you are not agile.

Paul.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Simbadog,
Just read about this small site in mmm june issue, site called the secret garden in st just in penwith
01736 788301 post code tr19 7rd only has 12 pitches secretbosavern.com

tattoobluedog12345

Free Member
Jan 29, 2014
manchester/ winton eccles
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato burstner A647
Exp
about 8
Treen, lovely sea views.

There is a campsite, you just turn up and put your name down, they then do a sort of roll call at 10.15am to let you know if you are successful.

However, before you get to the site there is a camping field owned by the site, you can stay on that for £3.50. loads of room, sea views, a lovely put about 10 seconds walk, nice meals too.

We just stayed in the camping field, I put our name down then we decided to just stay put as more room for the dog to run about on the camping field.

Great beach within walking distance from the site although access is tricky if you are not agile.

Paul.
Hi just read your post sounds good how do you get in contact to book on the field please . Thank you George /Yvonne

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Just ring the Treen site direct as they own the camping field too.

Treen farm campsite
Treen St Levan
Penzance
Cornwall
TR196LF

Once you get to the beach(If you are agile) boy is it worth it.

I shut my eyes opened them and I could have sworn I was in Cyprus or a Greek island.

Snorkelling in lovely warm water, crystal clear, shoals of fish swimming by you.

Paul.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back