Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello all,

I'm afraid I'm not used to the new forum layout and was unaware of this thread spiraling away with lots of misinformation here: europa sim 'services terminated' - therefore please allow me to start this fresh one.

You can read our full press release on EuropaSIM posted on the 19th here:
Broken Link Removed

The only reason I didn't jump straight onto the forum to post was that EuropaSIM and to a lesser degree us are overwhelmed by customers asking if their SIM cards are still active. In addition, nearly a week after the event, armageddon hasn't happened. At this present time I have just 5 customers who's SIM cards are not functioning, a tiny fraction of all SIM cards sold by us.

If your EuropaSIM registers on a mobile network and displays a signal strength you are presently unaffected. Continue to use your SIM, but follow our advice given in the press release above.

Please be aware that EuropaSIM.com is not affiliated with us and if you are a customer of ours you should be using a different contact form - please use the link in our press release above.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Adam
Motorhome WiFi

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
thanks addie and also a big thanks for making sure your customers are kept informed a pity other companies don't have your after sales commitment

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
As I mentioned on the other thread, I registered my europasim in early May and it appears to be working. I am currently in the UK but it connects to Vodaphone UK (roaming) so seems OK.

Does anyone know definitely when the cut off date was, if there was one, i.e. Sims bought after X date will not work. An earlier post said April, but this doesn't seem to be the case

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Does anyone know definitely when the cut off date was, if there was one, i.e. Sims bought after X date will not work. An earlier post said April, but this doesn't seem to be the case

There is no 'cut off date' or other pattern to the deactivated SIM's. This is part of the misinformation given on the previous thread.

EuropaSIM.com are a reseller for the SIM (like us) they are not the wholesale supplier, they have been giving a lot of different explanations but the underlying reason is far more complex in actual fact has little to do with EuropaSIM and is affecting a number of other Vodafone PAYG SIM's. The issue is the process to re-activate or re-validate the SIM cards, given Vodafone removing its support, which we are still exploring at present.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Addie

I bought my SIM direct from Europasim, because at the time you had sold out of them. All the information I put on the other thread came direct from Europasim's emails to me. Their explanation for why this all happened (blaming it on "Asians" who had cheated the system) is a bit different to yours. However we are where we are!

They also suggested that all SIMs registered before April 2014 should be OK. I am one of the lucky ones in and mine appears to be still working (touch wood).

forza

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
frankia
Exp
Hi, In the previous europasim thread someone mentions that from October 2014, you can use three mobile in all of europe, without roaming charges.
Is this correct? as I did not read this information anywhere else. Where is this confirmed from? thanks.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
3 seem to be trying to get agreements with other countries but as yet only: Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Macau, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, USA are included. France has only recently been included but they say others will later.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I really wish I knew why all this was so b****y complicated. Each company uses different terminology, and there are so many alternatives it makes your head spin.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I'm very interested if Portugal gets on the list as that's where we'll be spending the winter.
That's in the EU isn't it? Just joking I know it's in the EU so why isn't it on the list?

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
thanks addie and also a big thanks for making sure your customers are kept informed a pity other companies don't have your after sales commitment

Alas, they didn't bother to inform me. First I knew of it was when the darned thing stopped working just after I'd added 50 euros in credit. :(

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I'm very interested if Portugal gets on the list as that's where we'll be spending the winter.
That's in the EU isn't it? Just joking I know it's in the EU so why isn't it on the list?

If you want Trish I can help you get a contract for Portuguese mifi for €36 per month no limit (slowed after 15 gigs).
Pay as you go so you can stop it when you leave.

You do need an address and fiscal number but I know someone who can help there. ;)

JJ :cool:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Alas, they didn't bother to inform me. First I knew of it was when the darned thing stopped working just after I'd added 50 euros in credit. :(

Exactly what happened to me!!! And now it's over 45 days since I put on the credit so can't get a refund via PayPal either.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My understanding is all roaming charges will be abolished on 15 December 2014. 3 have just jumped the gun so to speak, and only for a few countries but other companies will probably follow suit and by December UK based providers must charge for data when you are elsewhere in the EU what they charge in the UK. This will cover all of the EU so Portugal will be included.

So I guess what you need to do is ensure you have a policy here in the UK which gives you the amount of data you need at a reasonable price. 3 have the edge for some countries at the moment but they will have a lot more competition by the end of this year.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
My understanding is all roaming charges will be abolished on 15 December 2014. 3 have just jumped the gun so to speak, and only for a few countries but other companies will probably follow suit and by December UK based providers must charge for data when you are elsewhere in the EU what they charge in the UK. This will cover all of the EU so Portugal will be included.

So I guess what you need to do is ensure you have a policy here in the UK which gives you the amount of data you need at a reasonable price. 3 have the edge for some countries at the moment but they will have a lot more competition by the end of this year.
I'm on a contract at the moment from3 and wondered if I should cancel before going at the end of September ' 1 month notice'
if not I will take up jj offer. Thanks jj

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
If you want Trish I can help you get a contract for Portuguese mifi for €36 per month no limit (slowed after 15 gigs).
Pay as you go so you can stop it when you leave.

You do need an address and fiscal number but I know someone who can help there. ;)

Hi JJ.
Hope to see you again soon. Is prai de rocha still open? Lol

Did you get your note 3 after all?

Can you get calls for that as well please? Either uk or Portuguese?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Pria Da Rocha still open as far as I am aware.

Still on Note 2 but Note 4 out soon!!!!

The quote is for data only but you then use Skype to call any land line in the world for about 1p a minute...

Or you get a PAYG phone package too.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I was under the impression it will come into effect from December 2015....

"Members of the European Parliament have voted to ban roaming charges from 15 December 2015, as part of its wide-ranging telecoms reforms."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ment-votes-to-ban-mobile-roaming-charges.html
I saw that article when I was Googling but it is dated April and I found later ones which said it was 2014. Looking again I think these were mis-prints and 2015 is correct, thanks for pointing this out, but hopefully some companies will make the change before then, otherwise they will lose business to people like 3 who drop roaming charges early.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I had to double check myself as it is a bit confusing, but I think it is 2015.

I am on 3 so that's already good for France, Italy and Austria as we go away tomorrow touring all 3 of those countries. For All the others I will use Europasim (mine is still apparently working, I still have a signal) or a local sim...

(y)(y)

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Last night we were finally provided access to our customer data and have this morning e-mailed directly those customers who have been affected offering two replacement SIM cards free of charge (EE & Three).

If you have not received an e-mail or your SIM card is still operational, then you have no reason to be concerned.

If you have any questions, please contact us directly and we would be more than happy to address them.

Adam

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Last night we were finally provided access to our customer data and have this morning e-mailed directly those customers who have been affected offering two replacement SIM cards free of charge (EE & Three).

If you have not received an e-mail or your SIM card is still operational, then you have no reason to be concerned.

If you have any questions, please contact us directly and we would be more than happy to address them.

Adam

I haven't heard anything from you Adam and I've double checked my email.

I'm still puzzled as to what EE and Three are offering. Are these SIMs on a par with what you were selling at the Harrogate show (i.e. the EuropaSIM card?)

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I haven't heard anything from you Adam and I've double checked my email.

I'm still puzzled as to what EE and Three are offering. Are these SIMs on a par with what you were selling at the Harrogate show (i.e. the EuropaSIM card?)

I haven't e-mailed you, Paul, as I know you are presently in Spain and aware of the situation through prior e-mails with Sophie last week. I was waiting until Monday to get an update from EuropaSIM to see if there isn't something more immediate that can be done for you.

Three offer an arguably better deal for Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Ireland, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland as of 1st July 2014 - 1GB, 3GB or 7GB valid 30 days for £10, £15 or £25 (the same deal as in the UK)

EE's offering changed again on 1st August. They offer 50MB or 100MB valid 24 hrs for £3 or £5. They also offer 200MB and 500MB valid 7 days for £25. Their UK deals are slightly different.

The roaming landscape is changing so fast at the moment as we move towards the end of roaming on 15 December 2015 that it can be difficult to know what to recommend for the best right now.

Adam

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
people should also look now at thier contracts they have already i looked into what was said on here regardsing 02 and its correct it is 1.99inc vat per day it also said unlimited data but fair user policy does apply and im still trying to sort what the policy is

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i will be testing my 02 soon in france i reckon if it works ok and the rate is correct then i wont need my europasim which is still working ok i bought mine well before the april date

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
i will be testing my 02 soon in france i reckon if it works ok and the rate is correct then i wont need my europasim which is still working ok i bought mine well before the april date
O2 works fine in France , was there three weeks ago and hadn't heard about the data change, was useing three , no problem all you can eat for £15 a month , same as here, but went to Belgium and they wanted £5 a day so thought better to use my O2 as it was only £1.99 a day but limited, but low and behold as soon as I switched it on they sent a text to say that I could now use it all day for the same price, so I did and it worked fine all day and wa sent charged any more, what's more you can tether with it as well, and that works anywhere in Europe as far as I know.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know about fair use policy but mine worked all day without noticeing any reduction in speed

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
... it also said unlimited data but fair user policy does apply and im still trying to sort what the policy is
My understanding is it isn't a specific amount but the wording gives them the option to restrict the amount of data if you are using so much it is effecting others. So if you were trying to stream live TV they would probably respond but not for normal use.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
With three, once you have paid your £15 you have all you can eat data, so might just as well leave it on all the time, no need for looking for free wifi or anything else, you are connected all the time and you've paid your money so might as well use it, it won't cost any more, I found it fine , signal everywhere I tried it. But as I have said ,be carefull if you get near the Belgian border because they will take £5 out of your allowance then text you to say they have had it, not before

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back