Hartal door (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi, I've read that some motorhomes boast having a Hartal door.
Apart from quoting the manufacturer's name, what's so good about a Hartal door?
Is it security or thermal properties which is worth boasting?
(Door in question is on a Burstner)

From the uninitiated, I thank ye
Gav

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
It's the name of the habitation door fitted to some motorhomes - in this case a Burstner.
Just wondered what was special about it for them to name the door manufacturer?

Some motorhomes also say their door is a caravan door - is a caravan door any different to a motorhomes door?
(Bessacarr have described their habitation door as being a caravan door)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Hartal is a German manufacturer of door components for the motorhome and caravan industry (a bit like Dometic/Seitz specialize in windows). Hartal doors have been fitted by Burster for a few years now. A few other manufacturers use them but I remember there were some posts a while back about Hartal doors not fitting correctly after a period of use. I think that was related to a British brand and problems with warping or expanding of door frames. My memory is hazy on that score so don't read too much into it. I have never heard of problems with Burstner doors.
Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
have never heard of problems with Burstner doors.
Broken Link Removed

You have now!
Just had our door replaced under warranty on a Burstner Elegance. There is a stay on the top of the door connected to the door frame. If it isn't attached tightly enough to the door frame then eventually the stay will come loose, the door swings right back and when you try and shut the door the stay is now in the way and stops it closing properly.
What do you do if the door doesn't close first time? You slam it again, a bit harder, and again until yOu realise there is a problem. Then you investigate and find that the loose stay has chewed up the top edge of your precious door and it has to be replaced.
I made sure they put plenty of thread lock on the stay retaining screw when they fitted the new door.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back