sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
having a problem with the fridge , it was working ok on the gas when we got to france, but wont work now, it wont ignite and stay on , it works on 12v when traveling and on electric on hook up,,i have tried to ignite with a flame but wont have it,,,,,any ideas please ?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If it lights, then goes out when you release the knob, it's likely that the jet is partially blocked. If it doesn't light at all the jet is probably totally blocked. If you can reach the jet assembly to light it then changing the jet will be a fairly quick job. They're so fine that it's rarely worth cleaning them (with some it's impossible) so a new jet is the easiest fix.

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
If it lights, then goes out when you release the knob, it's likely that the jet is partially blocked. If it doesn't light at all the jet is probably totally blocked. If you can reach the jet assembly to light it then changing the jet will be a fairly quick job. They're so fine that it's rarely worth cleaning them (with some it's impossible) so a new jet is the easiest fix.
thanks for that,,,,not got one with me and as in france at the moment , now looking for aires with electric hook up.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
What model fridge is it ? If you tried lighting it with a flame, I’d imagine the fault may be the gas supply solenoid ( if fitted ) the lucar connector to ours had corroded and came off and although the igniter was sparking merrily away, the gas wasn’t getting to the burner.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Ah just an idea but we had this very same problem last week fridge had been working fine on gas and one night it wouldn't light on gas.

I took the lower vent of outside and removed the aluminium cowl around the burner and you wouldn't believe it but there was the burnt remains of a bee or some other insect on top of the burner.

Gave it a good blow out and retried the fridge .....worked fine again since

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Is there gas in it?

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Unlikely to be a blocked jet more likely a defective thermocouple, a really cheap fix on a gas fire, don't know about a fridge.

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Check that the thermocouple is siting squarely in the pilot light flame, it may have moved.
Also check that the 12v supply is there, you don't mention if it fires up at all or just doesn't stay in. If it doesn't fire up at all there could be a 12v supply problem ie loose connection or fuse.
I believe running with the engine is fed differently... Via the cab battery and alternator (I may be wrong) not 100% ofay with systems myself yet.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
9 times out of 10 it will be a blocked jet you can get to it through the lower vent three screws one nut and your there remember to test for gas leaks on the nut after you put it back together

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Another really daft question, did you isolate gas supply for travelling?
Not that I've ever forgotten to put it back on.....

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
thanks for all the replies,,the fridge wont even light ,,i have taken the cover off and tried to light it manually with a match,,its like there is no gas there,,it was working ok and one day we set off with it still lit,,and its never worked since...so guess it might have something to do with that too...:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back