Symbols (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
could second from right be short circuit protetction? Or something to do with crossing the streams in ghostbusters?

Brambles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Tayside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi,

The one 2nd from right, is supposed to be two probes and a spark (flash). It is the fuse connected directly to the service battery (engine batt) for powering boilers/heaters/cookers/fridge gas ignitors etc. Basically anything that needs to remain powerd up when Liesure battery is disconnected or low on charge.

The one that looks like steps, is for steps. The rest are self explanatory I think/hope.

Hope this helps,
Jon.

P.S one on far right is for fridge 12volts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Brambles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Tayside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It is up to the convertor which way he wires up the Fridge/Freezer. Some are connected to the service battery for the ignition, but mine for example uses thr liesure battery. The main 12 volts supply for Fridge or Freezer comes from the fuse marked * and would not be used for the ignition circuit.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
It is up to the convertor which way he wires up the Fridge/Freezer. Some are connected to the service battery for the ignition, but mine for example uses thr liesure battery. The main 12 volts supply for Fridge or Freezer comes from the fuse marked * and would not be used for the ignition circuit.

Usually Brambles, the fridge/freezer is wired via a relay and only works on 12 v when the engine is running.
Maybe R Vs are different

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
I have got one of these newish super dooper full size ff that selects the most efficient power sourse at any given time.
Or that is what the book says!:ROFLMAO:

:Cool: My Newmar (RV) MAY soon be running on 12 volt power driving a 110 volt Inverter and re-charged by Solar power. :winky:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
So by that I think that you mean that the ff runs on lpg while the veh is running.
Is that safe?:Confused:

:roflmto: That is THE question that has only 2 answers. Some say YES. Some say NO. I do and have always done. :winky:

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Getting back to the origonal story, the one second from the right works the boiler, still working on the step one?

Ralph

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Our F/F (Reefer in US terms) has never gone out when travelling. Only when it has run out of gas.

I foolishly 3 years ago started from home on Boxing Day with 3 inches of ice on the roof.
Reading in the Hymer handbook, it said "unless traveling with the fire on".
This implied to me that you could travel with the fire on, so I decided to test it.
Wrong move!
Within 1 mile and at only about 30/40mph we had some sort of blowback, spraying water across the interior of the van.
I think this was condensation from somewhere, but the ignighter failed after that and needed to be renewed.:Doh:

Brambles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Tayside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you do not have an electric step, then even though the fuse is there, it will not be connected, although wiring may exist and be terminated somewhere ready to use.

Earlier I seemed to confuse with the fridge fuse - it is indeed in the circuit from the split relay. I think I just said it powered the main 12 volts to the fridge - by that I did not mean the leisure 12volts, but just the 12 volts that goes to the fridge from where ever it comes.

Brambles

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Tayside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ralph - the cable from the step fuse is terminated behind te control panel above kitchen. If you do not have an ouside light, you wil also find in there a cable that can be used t power outside light so the switch on control panel makes it work.

I notice you still have the same M/Home as me. (Guessing you are the same Ralph I chatted to a couple of years ago)
If you need a copy of the Nordelettronica diagrams, I have somewhere on my computer and can email you them.
Jon.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Ralph - the cable from the step fuse is terminated behind te control panel above kitchen. If you do not have an ouside light, you wil also find in there a cable that can be used t power outside light so the switch on control panel makes it work.

I notice you still have the same M/Home as me. (Guessing you are the same Ralph I chatted to a couple of years ago)
If you need a copy of the Nordelettronica diagrams, I have somewhere on my computer and can email you them.
Jon.

Yes it is me Jon, thanks for the email

Ralph

The origonal problem is now sorted, there was an intermittent clicking from a relay behind this panel, that was why I was checking it out, there was another worn through trapped wire (see one of my other posts) running under the drivers door step, now fixed and resited.

Ralph

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Our Coachmen RV runs its fridge and heating whilst on the move it can also run the generator if rqd ( Roof Air con) it says as much in the Coachmen manual, some Europeans can also run gas Heating if the correct Truma boiler is fitted, and UK built one's (our Kontiki) even with the correct boiler have the 12 supply cut when the ignition is on so they cant be used on the move, must be a UK thing
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back