Free Member
Apr 1, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
since 2005
It's been a hectic Year, 2 new granddaughters, building works under-way after all the struggle with planners, and generally chasing around here in sunny Barnsley but had a couple or three of weeks of....Bye! eck! that was some LeTourYorkshire!

Well I've taken some time out only in the last few days and the result is Captains French Adventures is finished well part 1 that is Broken Link Removed
It's been edited, re-written in places...Proof read....sleepless night re-writing bits....gone a bit bald! My dyslexic frustration got the better of me at times, we almost got the solicitors on the phone for a divorce
I will be doing the last 2 cartoons tonight and that's that! ready for uploading and fingers crossed everyone likes what I have done!

I hope to have a book signing at Sue's Tea Room and also get the local paper to do a piece.

this is the finished manuscript! the cartoons are under wraps Broken Link Removed couldn't show these yet!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Have you managed to find a publisher, or an agent, to take it on??? I wrote a novel some years ago, couldn't find anyone to even look at it. No agent, no publisher. No previously published stuff, no agent. Was quoted £800 for 'vanity publishing'. Manuscript still under the bed!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
captain

captain

Free Member
Apr 1, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
since 2005
Have you managed to find a publisher, or an agent, to take it on??? I wrote a novel some years ago, couldn't find anyone to even look at it. No agent, no publisher. No previously published stuff, no agent. Was quoted £800 for 'vanity publishing'. Manuscript still under the bed!!

No haven't tried, I am going down the self publish route. got a great couple of books on the subject and the marketing side. I have had some good response from people who have seen parts with the cartoons. One chap who writes for the Sunday Telegraph sports section had a good laugh at the cartoons and text that goes with them so finger crossed.

Iv'e enjoyed doing the whole thing and that's the buzz even if I only give some away and sell a few I will be happy!

Captain

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Good luck to you. (y) Just make sure that THEY HONOUR THEIR AGREEMENT to you, and that your work IS distributed!!! :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
As I understand it the trick is to get a good number of Kindle sales under your belt and then real publishers are much more likely to give you a deal

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back