Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
Wigan, Lancs, England
Funster No
MH
Lowprofile
Exp
Hello all

I thought I would be inundated with opinions and advice, but no.

Got three replies, thanks all three of you

So I'll try again

Just joined the site. Been m/homing for 10 years, in Autohomes Travelhome, done me proud, seeing as I'm working yet.

Situation is I'm now prepairing to buy the fulltimer M/home.

I have what I want in my spec,

I have listed the following at moment as possibles, buying new.

Rapido 7066

Autocruise Starblazer LL

Hobby Toskana

Hymer Tramp CL

I know people will have likes and dislikes etc. but I would welcome any sensible comments or feedback from your experiences.

Interested in comments on Rapido Alko chassis, does it support Garage section.

Mail me at brian.rudd@businesslinknw.co.uk if you like

good travelling to you all.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sorry you are dissapointed with the response,prehaps you should post your spec and owners could tell you if your chosen models realy live up to it in practice.
My only contribution is dont buy new,let someone else take the heavy loss of the vat and depreciation driving it out tthe showroom:thumb:
Geo

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Don't know if it would elicit more responses were to to post in the fulltimer section but worth a try :winky:

Good luck :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Hi

What do you want us to say??? You kniw what you want go and pick the motorhome and enjoy yourself! a few companies will let you try/hire the one you want and take the price of the hire off the asking price,

Remember and walk away if not happy with the deal

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
when you decide what model to buyLink Removed is worth reading. Best of luck:thumb:

DCC

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
Whitby, North Yorks
Funster No
Exp
novice
Seeing as you were disillusioned with lack of replies I thought I would let you know that I have no experience of any of the models you mention, but I read your post

I can recommend the Motorhome Checklist though

DC

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Seeing as you were disillusioned with lack of replies I thought I would let you know that I have no experience of any of the models you mention, but I read your post

I can recommend the Motorhome Checklist though

DC

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sorry that tickled me,
I also read the post. Sorry I :Eeek:can't hep

sandyketton

Free Member
Aug 29, 2007
South West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eight years but ten years tugging in an earlier life
Take your time. Get round to see all the vehicles on your list and decide on one or two possibles. Only you know your requirements and specs.
Then seek the opinions or recommendations of others but make sure you are totally satisfied with layout etc.
I already want to change my "bought on impulse" motorhome but, the banks look a bit iffy at the moment don't they.
Good luck with the search
Sandy

OP
OP
spudandpatricia

spudandpatricia

Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
Wigan, Lancs, England
Funster No
MH
Lowprofile
Exp
Thanks to all who replied to disappointed new member

Thanks for comments to you all, much appreciated.

I do know what I want, there are obviously several models that fall in my options.

What I was looking for, was possible problems with any models, or moans anyone may have.

It's always useful to hear comments.

e.g. on a Rapido model I was looking at, there was no chassis under the garage, It wasn't obvious until it was pointed out to me. So now I check and don't assume there is a chassis support.

Keep the comments coming.

:Smile:

Have a good day everyone.

OP
OP
spudandpatricia

spudandpatricia

Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
Wigan, Lancs, England
Funster No
MH
Lowprofile
Exp
Sorry you are dissapointed with the response,prehaps you should post your spec and owners could tell you if your chosen models realy live up to it in practice.
My only contribution is dont buy new,let someone else take the heavy loss of the vat and depreciation driving it out tthe showroom:thumb:
Geo

Thanks Geo

Looking for moans or problems with my hit list actually.

I am aware of your comment on buying new, it's an option for me. Looking at all possibilities.

Again thanks

OP
OP
spudandpatricia

spudandpatricia

Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
Wigan, Lancs, England
Funster No
MH
Lowprofile
Exp
Hi

What do you want us to say??? You kniw what you want go and pick the motorhome and enjoy yourself! a few companies will let you try/hire the one you want and take the price of the hire off the asking price,

Remember and walk away if not happy with the deal

Thanks slickmouse

I was going to thank everyone, but the thread keeps getting longer.

So for all who read this.

THANKS EVERONE

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Not a Swift

Hi, you seem to have got a few more response's now!, as regards the choise of motorhome I can only speak as I find:- We have lived 3/4 full time in two different Swift Motorhomes for the last 4 years and my advice is dont buy a Swift, they are simpley not up to the use of full timeing, in other words they fall apart around your ears.

regards Doug and Sandra, in sunny Sevilla.

joemac

Free Member
Aug 18, 2008
Northants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
4 years
Starblazer LL

Hello all

I thought I would be inundated with opinions and advice, but no.

Got three replies, thanks all three of you

So I'll try again

Just joined the site. Been m/homing for 10 years, in Autohomes Travelhome, done me proud, seeing as I'm working yet.

I have what I want in my spec,

I have listed the following at moment as possibles, buying new.

Rapido 7066

Autocruise Starblazer LL

Hobby Toskana

Hymer Tramp CL

I know people will have likes and dislikes etc. but I would welcome any sensible comments or feedback from your experiences.

Interested in comments on Rapido Alko chassis, does it support Garage section.

Mail me at brian.rudd@businesslinknw.co.uk if you like

good travelling to you all.

Hi,

We have just traded in a Starblazer LL after four years from new. A great van but a couple of things to consider if you are going to be in it for a long time. The bed at the back is very comfortable but being transverse it means that one of you may be climbing over the other in the middle of the night. Also it is actually a bit higher than it looks to climb into. If you have any back problems etc it might be an issue. Other than that the kitchen is excellentwe have fed 10 hungry kayakists from the van with no bloodshed easily. Check the accomodation door carefully in the closed position, ours laft a gap until it had been adjusted several times. Enjoy whatever you buy, i personally wouldnt buy new again but that is mainly because i feel you get amuch better deal secondhand, being Scottish these things matter.

Joe

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi I read you post:thumb: but have no input, having not had a European Motorhome or experience of full timing:Sad:

Regards and Best of Luck Pat

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Hi

Sorry I can't comment specifically on any of these models suitability for fulltiming, but as a full timer myself you should consider the following.

1. Durability

Generally speaking motorhomes are not designed or built to stand the rigours of a fulltiminer, indeed, some manufacturers won't honour the warranty if they find out you are.

2. Payload

Probably the most important factor, many vans have poor payloads, it goes without say that as a full timer you will require a large payload.

3. Size

You will spend more time static, ( weeks or even months on the same site, ) than you will travelling, so space to live is more important than MPG and compactness.

4. Winterisation

If you intend to live in northern Europe during the winter this is critical.

Good luck with you plans..

Jim

Rose Royce

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
EPSOM
Funster No
Note that this is not the only motorhome site on the web.(No disrespect to this site but the more opinions the better)

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
It depends on where you plan to do your fulltiming. If it's Europe, then I would suggest left hand drive Euro built.
I personaly would not buy new either and used LHD vehicles tend to be cheaper to buy in the UK.
I would also agree with the comment about UK built vans not being up to the job of fulltiming, they pack far too much kit in them and so everything has to be lightweight and flimsy, to keep the weight down.

Pete

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I notice you havnt mentioned RVs:Eeek:

Might be worth a look there are some pretty compact models out there now if you dont want a huge 40` long monster. Just bear in mind that RVs are much better built in comparison to Eurovans and have a much stronger chassis and beefier engine/transmission. :thumb:

You also get all the toys as standard and the essential slide out rooms for extra living space. :Eeek:

Yes they use more fuel but as Jim said you spend a lot more time living in it than you do driving it!!:winky:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I'd go the RV route every time.Not that I'm biased of course....:RollEyes:

Just love the style and solid build quality.

PS..... Can I have your engine Dazzer?:RollEyes:

5.4ltr V8 Supercharged. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds:Cool:

Last edited:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
I'd go the RV route every time.Not that I'm biased of course....:RollEyes:

Just love the style and solid build quality.

PS..... Can I have your engine Dazzer?:RollEyes:

5.4ltr V8 Supercharged. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds:Cool:

Of course you can lets say oooooooohhhhhhh aaaaarrrrrr £25k??? and i will deliver it for you wrapped in a nice red Ford F150 Lighting wrapping paper :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Will it take a 5th wheeler hookup?:thumb:

Could fancy that.

Yupp it will tow up to 4.5 tonnes :Eeek:!!!

Any 5er up to about 30ish feet long is ok. But you will need to remove the hard bed cover :cry: when towing

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Yupp it will tow up to 4.5 tonnes :Eeek:!!!

Any 5er up to about 30ish feet long is ok. But you will need to remove the hard bed cover :cry: when towing

That really is the way we'd like to go.
I do believe the 5th wheeler option is pretty smart.:thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
That really is the way we'd like to go.
I do believe the 5th wheeler option is pretty smart.:thumb:

Me to but Wifee wont have none of it :Doh: :cry:

She says its bad enough been stared at driving down the road in the RV or the Lightning without drawing even more attention to her by plonking a bloody great 5er on the back :cry::Eeek:

Guess ill have to turn up the voltage on the cattle prod to get her to change her mind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bikemad99

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
South Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Over Cab
Exp
2 yrs.
"the banks look a bit iffy at the moment don't they."

I didn`t know the banks sold motorhomes,but if they have any I bet you can negotiate a good deal.:thumb::thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Me to but Wifee wont have none of it :Doh: :cry:

She says its bad enough been stared at driving down the road in the RV or the Lightning without drawing even more attention to her by plonking a bloody great 5er on the back :cry::Eeek:

Guess ill have to turn up the voltage on the cattle prod to get her to change her mind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You KNOW it makes sense......:thumb:

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Hi and welcome, we have an Autocruise Starblazer with a fixed bed in the back, we are very happy with our purchase, and hope to keep in and have lots of fhappy memories in it yet, Good luck with whatever you choose.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back