Almost ready! (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Running around like a mad thing, packing the van ready for the tunnel at first light!
So excited!

Thanks to you lovely lot I now have lots more ideas of places to see.

We do so love France but I reckon Belgium, Luxembourg and Holland this time. Himself thinks Germany too.

Mind you, he also thinks we will be 'travelling light' HA! ...which is why I have to hurry to finish [STRIKE]hiding[/STRIKE] packing my things before he gets back...

See you soon,

Lorraine x

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Have a great time:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We do so love France but I reckon Belgium, Luxembourg and Holland this time. Himself thinks Germany too.

If you want records, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany in about half an hour.

The Netherlands are great if you like ironing, flat as an ironing board and wet like the steam is on.

Have FUN.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
enjoy.we hope all goes well.my wife says she hopes you are better at hideing things than her.[I found most of them] but she got her own way.we still took most of them.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
whingyraindrop
Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Thank you for your kind wishes!

Surprise, surprise, we did end up spending time in Germany. Wow! My thoughts...Time spent following the Mozel and the Rhine. Fabulous scenery. Lots of places to park and camp (we used the Bord Atlas from vicarious books). The motorways were certainly busier than France, and fast. I don't know what we were doing wrong but Supermarkets appeared hard to find. On the first day in Germany we attempted to use the Caxton Card in a Shop, petrol station, restaurant and cash point. It was declined each time. Luckily we had some cash and an alternative debit card. We did find some places and cash points which accepted the Caxton, but not all. Brilliant cycle paths.
In Holland we used the All the Aires Belgium Holland and Luxembourg and spent some time on a camp site via the ASCI book. The port town of Middelburg was lovely, as were others... who's names I failed to record. I realised how useful the ASCI card is when staying two nights on a site and paying 14 euros the first night and 36 euros the next as high season rates commenced! I almost fell over in shock! Also brilliant cycle paths. Unsettling to find motor scooters sharing the cycle paths / pavements though.
Belgium and Luxembourg. Lots of forest and countryside. We also found aires and overnight parking spots that aren't in the All the Aires book. In all the countries we tried to be near the water, rivers, lakes or coast. We saw very few British vans during the trip.
All in all a really lovely meander and certainly places to add to the list for the 'Two Year Tour' commencing May 2015. I am getting brave after reading previous threads written by the adventurous, I have added Hungry, Poland Slovakia, Croatia and Greece to the list too. It may need to become a "Four Year Tour'.

Now planning for a month in France commencing next week. I know its August but needs must!

Happy Travels,

Lorraine x

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
ok you did it ,you have made us green with envy.we hope you have a great time.just let us know what is going on.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Have
Thank you for your kind wishes!

Surprise, surprise, we did end up spending time in Germany. Wow! My thoughts...Time spent following the Mozel and the Rhine. Fabulous scenery. Lots of places to park and camp (we used the Bord Atlas from vicarious books). The motorways were certainly busier than France, and fast. I don't know what we were doing wrong but Supermarkets appeared hard to find. On the first day in Germany we attempted to use the Caxton Card in a Shop, petrol station, restaurant and cash point. It was declined each time. Luckily we had some cash and an alternative debit card. We did find some places and cash points which accepted the Caxton, but not all. Brilliant cycle paths.
In Holland we used the All the Aires Belgium Holland and Luxembourg and spent some time on a camp site via the ASCI book. The port town of Middelburg was lovely, as were others... who's names I failed to record. I realised how useful the ASCI card is when staying two nights on a site and paying 14 euros the first night and 36 euros the next as high season rates commenced! I almost fell over in shock! Also brilliant cycle paths. Unsettling to find motor scooters sharing the cycle paths / pavements though.
Belgium and Luxembourg. Lots of forest and countryside. We also found aires and overnight parking spots that aren't in the All the Aires book. In all the countries we tried to be near the water, rivers, lakes or coast. We saw very few British vans during the trip.
All in all a really lovely meander and certainly places to add to the list for the 'Two Year Tour' commencing May 2015. I am getting brave after reading previous threads written by the adventurous, I have added Hungry, Poland Slovakia, Croatia and Greece to the list too. It may need to become a "Four Year Tour'.

Now planning for a month in France commencing next week. I know its August but needs must!

Happy Travels,

Lorraine x
Have a great time in France. It's hot here and will be hotter next month. We go home on 12th after just over 3 weeks here. So much to see!
Allan

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Enjoy France. Wish it was me, still to get out of the UK