Trenige

Free Member
Jun 15, 2014
Isle of Axholme .
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi to everyone, I was looking for a nice site to visit Speke Hall, Dunham Massey and Quarry Bank. I came across a campsite Hollybank, Warrington. Looking at the pricing it is £25 a night for a motorhome, £20 for caravan. I have never come across this before, surely a motorhome takes up less space than a car and caravan, in my mind there can be no reason for a motorhome to have to pay £5 per night more. I shall certainly not be going there.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Perhaps they are trying to recoup the cost of a MH service point or perhaps they just want caravans which probably tend to stay longer. You could always ask them!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
It's cos we're sooooo much richer than them - loads a money :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trenige

Trenige

Free Member
Jun 15, 2014
Isle of Axholme .
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I was intrigued as to why the campsite was charging £5 per night more for a motorhome. so I e-mailed them and asked. This is the reply I got , motorhomes are bigger, and I have been informed that they use more electricity. So I just had to reply, saying no way were most motorhomes larger than a car and caravan, and as for using more electric, motorhomes are mostly from what we have seen, just couples, where as caravans have children, so which is going to use more electric. I have never encoun tered this pricing difference before, and wont be using their site.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
No its not discrimination, its a campsite making its own rules. If they've got it right they'll make more money, if they've got it wrong they'll lose money. Time will tell.

D.
Quite a few campsites in France say that they will charge €25 a day extra for twin axles. They do it (so they say) to deter Travellers who usually arrive in large numbers with huge twin axle caravans. Usually hey do not charge the excess for bonafide campers.

This is a choice they make and one they are allowed to make whether it is fair or not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldsooty

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I wish I had kept a record of the site, but last week I saw a site that charged £2.50 a night more for caravans than motorhomes.

Keith (sooty)

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I tried sending them a message asking what they expected one person in a little campervan to pay, and got

Thanks you for Contact us. . .

CDO.Message.1 error '80040213'

The transport failed to connect to the server.

/thanks.asp, line 140

And no reply.

Maybe their pricing is as broken as their website?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back