Southport Mini Meet 24-28July (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I know it's short notice and I know it's not an official rally, BUT we just arrived with BeerdrinkerKen, Malcolm and Catherine Bolt are arriving later and Carol and Eddie will arrive tomorrow. There's a rumour Joy might arrive too!
There's loads of space so if you want to join us feel free..
We are at the Pleasureland car park, water and toilet dump available. £8 per night.
It's just off the sea front, PR8 1RX, N53deg 38'52.2" W003 deg 01'09.3"

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
As it happens we are at ormskirk near lancashire until Saturday morning, so we might come saturday afternoon for a couple of days. We have been there a long time in the past, can you let me know how good height and width access is to fit us is. Do we need to prebook for the gate to be open.
Pat

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Tempting but already committed to steam rally :frowny: Thanks anyway for sharing have lovely time.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Yeahhh - put Jeff and my names down::bigsmile:
We will be there tomorrow dinner.
June

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Great its my weekend off, hopefully meet up tomorrow hope kens Sussed out a decent ale bar.
Dave

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
We are on CC site across the road will call round to see you probably Saturday. Hopeing to see Giants in Liverpool tomorrow.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We were there recently with the RVOC , excellent time was had, lovely place to stroll around wishing we could make it back there .. have a great time all xx

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I know it's short notice and I know it's not an official rally, BUT we just arrived with BeerdrinkerKen, Malcolm and Catherine Bolt are arriving later and Carol and Eddie will arrive tomorrow. There's a rumour Joy might arrive too!
There's loads of space so if you want to join us feel free..
We are at the Pleasureland car park, water and toilet dump available. £8 per night.
It's just off the sea front, PR8 1RX, N53deg 38'52.2" W003 deg 01'09.3"

Typical :rolleyes: If you changed it to South Devon I would pop over :rollingeyes:

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
We can be there in 45 minutes from where we live and it's such a lovely weekend. We came to our first rally last weekend at the Cotton Arms and are keen for the next one, therefore although this isn't an official rally, we are tempted to turn up later today till Sunday. Is it ok to do so ad hoc, or do we need to let you know before we leave ? A few things to sort out first.
Ron & Jeanette

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
We can be there in 45 minutes from where we live and it's such a lovely weekend. We came to our first rally last weekend at the Cotton Arms and are keen for the next one, therefore although this isn't an official rally, we are tempted to turn up later today till Sunday. Is it ok to do so ad hoc, or do we need to let you know before we leave ? A few things to sort out first.
Ron & Jeanette
Just turn up - the more the merrier:clap:

Shazzy44

Free Member
Jul 28, 2013
Leigh lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Don't know any of you but might drive up see what we can learn from all you experts if that's ok

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Don't know any of you but might drive up see what we can learn from all you experts if that's ok

It will be immediately obvious that The Demon Drink is the work of the devil and it destroys your mind and body and leads to eternal damnation.

A valuable lesson indeed.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
How these things happen like magic first there were two vans then at least ten. Wonderful weather amazing to see hundreds of cars parked on the Beach children having a great time in the sand and funfair. proper holiday atmosphere.

To top it off Ian (Edgy) managed to get us the use of a small hall when we had some rain in the evening and Mike played and sang another good Funster night

Thanks Mike for making it happen.::bigsmile::clap:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well, you all arrived just as I left..... had my MOT booked in. So pleased that you all had a wonderful time.... Maybe worth thinking about this location more often. If the weather is fine it has shops, bars, beach walking and good company. .

Shazzy44

Free Member
Jul 28, 2013
Leigh lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Had a great weekend in Southport, wonderful place when the weather is fine, will deffo be make use of this spot again.

Thanks to Carol for searching us out and introducing us to the group, much appreciated, sorry didn't get chance to say bye, had to shoot off earlier than expected....and yes we are the IDIOTS that drove off with wheel clamp still attached..still lots to learn I guess but all part of the fun :)

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
I've been working this weekend :crying1: but the Pleasure Land at Southport is a great place for mini meets as well as big ones, so much space that anyone and everyone can fit somewhere, whatever their size. Glad y'all had a good time, couldn't fault the weather or the company, I'm sure :*

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Well what a nice weekend that was, lovely weather and great company, good night Saturday made better by getting the hall, sorry didn't say tara to everyone made a late decision to leave.
Thanks to all
Dave
ps see the wizards keeping a eye on Mike

Dec 23, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Atoutrial tracker
Exp
Since 2004
How these things happen like magic first there were two vans then at least ten. Wonderful weather amazing to see hundreds of cars parked on the Beach children having a great time in the sand and funfair. proper holiday atmosphere.

To top it off Ian (Edgy) managed to get us the use of a small hall when we had some rain in the evening and Mike played and sang another good Funster night

Thanks to Carol, who let us know you were all there which was enough for us to " Roll em Up and Move em Out " giving our age away there ! Had a really friendly welcome and met some new Funster Friends as well as some none members who just might be new recruits ongoing. Thanks for the use of Nev's Den Barbara, I am sure Nev would be proud and delighted to see it used in such a way. Also thanks to mike who made sure we all had a good sing along. Cliff Richard, that time at Wimbledon, saving the day during heavy rain comes to mind. Roll on the next one ! Ron & Jeanette.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
We had a great weekend lovely funster company as always 11 vans on such a short notice was amazing , had a great night on Sat a big thank you to Mike (makems) for the Fab entertainment he is truly a funstar , last minute decision to leave Sunday night sorry we didn't say bye to the remaining funsters but hope to catch up with you all soon Malvern :)

Sue & Eric x

Terry49

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Lymm
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Arrived at Southport on Friday for a family weekend to be pleasantly greeted by a host of friendly funsters that had arranged a last minute meet up. We had such a lovely time on Saturday evening singing along with Mike and the rest of the group. Great to meet new friends and looking forward to following Neil and Pat's adventure in their amazing converted home on giant wheels. Barbara and Terry49

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Absolutely magic weekend - glorious sunshine and good company. Really enjoyed our fishy Friday tea and a pint for £7 at Weatherspoons - thanks to Carol and Eddie for introducing us to this fine cuisine (y) We walked so far along Lord Street on Saturday that we needed a taxi to get us back to our van! Saturday night's sing along was really enjoyable - compliments of Mike and his guitar :clap:
Would have loved to be able to stay longer but hospital appointments beckoned.
Hope to see you all again very soon June and Jeff ( and Jess and Skye)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back