Falling in love with Sweden more each day (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just a quick up date we are now in a lovely little town called Stromstad , the weather is still very hot. We have drove up the west cost of Sweden so far and will be heading into Norway either Friday or Saturday for a few days.
So far in Sweden I have been really impressed with the towns and villages very clean and loads of parking for larger vechiles, although saying that I got a parking ticket in Malmo but a kind Swedish motorhomer told me to complain so I did and got it cancelled.
The only other issue we have had during our trip was at a harbour/boatyard come motorhome stopover we paid for a pitch and then he took us round the back amongst all the old trailers with no outside space at all. When I politely told him this wasn't satisfactory he offered me my money back, this is when it got quite funny I had paid using my card and he didn't know how to do a refund and didn't have any change nor did I so he actually gave me £3 extra back and apologised for pitching me in an unsuitable space, can you imagine that in the UK.
We are in our first campsite of the trip and will be here for 2 nights at a cost of £33 a night so in my opinion not that expensive as everyone kept telling me although my Norwiegn neighbours told me over a cold beer tonight that the price will double in Norway mainly for alcohol so just as well the garage is full. So far we have been staying at private motorhome stopovers and everyone has been totally stunning and have range from £8-£12 including EHU and free firewood for the fire pit. We have found these places with our Nordic camper book well worth the money as some of the places would be impossible to find and are truly stunning.
Well I better go as my beer is getting warm.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:happy: Sounds wonderful Gerry, keep on enjoying it .

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds great Gerry - I'm deeply envious (y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What's them Swedish birds like?

I always promised myself I would marry one.

Must have been Abba or something:D

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
How great to read an informative, positive post about motorhoming!

I hope you guys continue to have a great trip and continue to post about it.

Any photos?

Any golf courses? ;)

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
What's them Swedish birds like?

I always promised myself I would marry one.

Must have been Abba or something:D
Chris I was expecting the Swedish women to be tall blonde and beautiful so far nothing to change my mind.
JJ loads of golf courses but never brought the clubs and don't think I'd have time for a game as so much to see and do.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I'm going back about 35 years but then you could pay for a hotel room in Norway with a bottle of Scotch. Alcohol being so expensive the hotel covered the too costs several times over. You could try to do a deal for a campsite pitch....

Only been to Sweden once, truly beautiful and so clean.

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Gerry,
As you might know Ineke reads Norwegian newspapers once and a while.
Today she read in the VG that the Norwegian government takes a threat made by Syrian terrorists very serious.
This means that all borders are guarded very strictly and all cars will be checked. So you could experience a delay when entering Norway.
Especially when you take the E6 which is the biggest border crossing at Svinesund

Det samme gjelder overgangen ved Bjørnfjell, utenfor Narvik. På Svinesund må alle biler kjøre gjennom den såkalte «tollslusen». Dette vil pågå helt til PST vurderer situasjonen annerledes, opplyser Politidirektoratet til VG.
Unquote

I think the Swedish around you can give you a complete update

Regards
Paul and Ineke

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread