europa sim 'services terminated' (1 Viewer)

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
just been on Europa sim home page, and it says europasim services terminated on 18th july 2014.

i bloody hope not,, i paid good money for this sim card about 3 months ago and used it once. It would seem i can still top up,which is sounds normal for these rip off company's
Anybody got any further info.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I suspect that Vodaphone who I believe supply the network have pulled the plug ... as happened with other cheap sim cards.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
That notice doesn't look quite right, the site looks more like it's been hacked. Maybe @Addie knowa what is going on and will let us know later

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
But why would you need it. 3 are giving you your home tariff in France now and from October it will be Europe wide.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
but dave u have to contract to 3 ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
bloody been singing how good it is i hope it aint stopped

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
But why would you need it. 3 are giving you your home tariff in France now and from October it will be Europe wide.

Yes but some people may have only just bought it Dave. Until the recent 'Three" breakthrough this was the best option and still is till Three go Europewide.
Bill no you don't need a contract, just buy a data card here and take it over there.

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
anyone used a THREE SIM abroad, i was just wondering how good it is for data, were going to Begium, Germany,Austria,Swiss,France,,oh and back to Belgium, 31/2 weeks,
i have a 3 sim, according to their website you need to be with them for at least 30 days.
and it says PAYG is included.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Agree, am contracted to 3 with my phone for the princely sum of £6-70 per month. But my mobile wifi is PAYG. Everything works well in France and cannot wait to try it in Spain in October.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'd rather have no phone or internet or anything else than deal with Three again even for a second. Don't care how cheap they are or what services they claim to offer. Horrible horrible company to deal with if you have any issues. And I was with them for about 10 years more or less from when they first appeared.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
addie aint got it now on his site

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
so dave is it ok in spain as well will need it in benidorm the site wifi there is normally shite

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
so dave is it ok in spain as well will need it in benidorm the site wifi there is normally shite
It is supposed to be the same home service in Spain as and from October. I have no issues with site wifi as its great, its just the phone I need in Spain.

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
addie aint got it now on his site
I've still got credit on my europa sim, when 3 announced their new deal , Addie was still saying europa sim was better deal.
i wonder if my cedit card co can do anything,
i've bought something that is a sham or even fraud.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
anyone used a THREE SIM abroad, i was just wondering how good it is for data, were going to Begium, Germany,Austria,Swiss,France,,oh and back to Belgium, 31/2 weeks,
i have a 3 sim, according to their website you need to be with them for at least 30 days.
Three in France last week used it all the time never switched it off, never cost a penny, BUT, don't try it in those countries yet, I went over the border into Belgium and immediately had a text to say they had taken £5 out of my allowance and they take it everyday you are there even if you just check an email or something, as soon as your data kicks in its a fiver, but in France brilliant signal everywhere, but I also had my O2 phone with me and it appears that now whereas you used to only get 15 meg a day for £1.99 you now get unlimited in any country for that so used that one in Belgium and switched three off

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i have credit on mine but i would reckon it depends what the credit is otherwise if its not much l;eave it or it will do ya head in trying to get a refund for a low amount
ok thanks dave im looking into the 3 now

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I'm in Belgium and am currently using my Europa Sim with no problem , better not load any more credit just in case :rolleyes:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Might add I am on pay and go , no contract on three but contract on O2O2

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
These were a standard Italian Vodafone Sim card and package that were just marketed to the rest of Europe by Europasim as I understand it. I wonder if it just means that they no longer sell them rather than the SIM not working any more? I have emailed Europasim to ask them about this.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Three in France last week used it all the time never switched it off, never cost a penny, BUT, don't try it in those countries yet, I went over the border into Belgium and immediately had a text to say they had taken £5 out of my allowance and they take it everyday you are there even if you just check an email or something, as soon as your data kicks in its a fiver, but in France brilliant signal everywhere, but I also had my O2 phone with me and it appears that now whereas you used to only get 15 meg a day for £1.99 you now get unlimited in any country for that so used that one in Belgium and switched three off

i have 02 so will contact them and check it out before i use it im away to france end of august and taking my 2 grandsons so i better get wifi before all hell breaks loose :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
i have 02 so will contact them and check it out before i use it im away to france end of august and taking my 2 grandsons so i better get wifi before all hell breaks loose :)
Yeah surprised me as well, I used it in Belgium expecting to pay 1.99 just to get my emails but that was cheaper than three, but as soon as I used it I got a text saying I could use it all day for 1.99, and it did work all day and you can tether on it too, checked my bill online when I got home and they have indeed only took six quid for two days, on all day

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry should have said three days cause I used it in holland as well for one day

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes

I was tempted, but then looked into it

See the link here http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home?intid=3mainfahrbn1501

No Germany or Belgium cover, just France, Switzerland and Italy, Austria, and Scandinavia . Even if you used it partially when in these countries , the other countries in Europe have really expensive roaming tariffs.
Hope you get to the bottom of the europasim issue as don't think 3 is the option it's made out to be, and yes PAYG , but 30 days first.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just got a very quick reply from Europasim and here is what they say:

Hi Peter,
it´s just since a few days that Vodafone blocks the smart passport tariff for foreigners because some asian people tried to cheat Vodafone. Until now just cards from April until now activated are affected. Your card is from February - so I think it will be no problem for you.
But that Vodafone does not provide any Europe-tariff is the termination of our business.
best regards,
Ronny Scholz
Supportteam Europasim

So looks like only older cards may be OK (for the moment), but ones bought from April onwards are blocked. Lots are being used by Funsters, so it would be useful if those using them could report on this thread if they work or not.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Mine is working here in the UK, but I think I bought it before April this year.

What does this mean: But that Vodafone does not provide any Europe-tariff is the termination of our business.

It suggests to me they have stopped selling the card or rather the package which worked allover Europe. No doubt the planned cancelation of roaming charges is going to cause a big shake up in the business. The EuropaSIM was always going to become obsolete, or rather no different to any other package. It may just have happened earlier than expected.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Mine is working here in the UK, but I think I bought it before April this year.

What does this mean: But that Vodafone does not provide any Europe-tariff is the termination of our business.

It suggests to me they have stopped selling the card or rather the package which worked allover Europe. No doubt the planned cancelation of roaming charges is going to cause a big shake up in the business. The EuropaSIM was always going to become obsolete, or rather no different to any other package. It may just have happened earlier than expected.
Europasim had no direct connection with Vodafone. They were just in the business of selling Italian Vodafone cards with a particular traiff to the rest of Europe. So they can't do that any more because Vodafone won't allow the new ones to be topped up if the customer is not resident in Italy I guess. Would be interesting to know if that breached EU rules.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Horrible horrible company to deal with if you have any issues.
Couldn't agree more. Some of their sales tactics are despicable. I might have put it down to a rouge salesman, had it not been for their refusal to take sensible steps to resolve the issues.

It's a shame, because the network itself is fine.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This thread has got me looking at the alternatives. I am currently with O2 for my mobile and have just spotted they now do unlimited data in Europe for £1.99 a day, that is on the days you turn it one. This is cheaper than the EuropaSIM. O2 used to charge £1.99 for a limited amount of data, can't remember what it was but you could quickly use it up. They say now it is unlimited for pay monthly customers. But their PAYG is still heavily restricted. https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-in-Europe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back