Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
I want to create a new power point to allow me to move the TV in our Autotrail Tracker SE. I am going to situate it on the side of the wardrobe with suitable bracing pieces on the interior to take the weight of the TV bracket and set itself. The new socket would only be about 1.5 metres from the Sargent unit but I'm not sure which circuit breaker to wire it into. The existing one that serves the other sockets? I can't see any room to add another one. Anyone done this? Advice would be appreciated. Many thanks, Jerry

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Jerry
I wired new 12v and 230v sockets into my Sargent unit. If you go onto their website and look for the wiring diagrams for your particular unit, you will probably be able to identify a spare wiring point. I had to get some of the multi block connectors that go into the PSU but Sargent were very helpful over the phone with getting the right ones.
Martin

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hi Jerry

I added 2 new 230v sockets into my Autotrail Dakota :)

Located under both seats and the bed are black covers that are there to add existing sockets as required. Took the covers off and there were the quick release coupling, that allowed me to simply extend as far as I needed and wired into my sockets, perfect :clap:

I intend to fit a 3rd very soon now that the socket has arrived from eBay (y)

Have a look and see if there are any in your Autotrail as it may be an easier job for you :)

Good luck ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
found a box marked addition 13amp supply under one bed with a plastic socket on the end. I'll talk to Sargent to find an appropriat mate for it. Nothing on the other side but the water heater fused switch. Any reason why I shouldn't tap a 13amp supply from that? Water heater plust tv are still not enough to trip the RCD surely? Any thoughts?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I'd use the addition 13amp supply. While you may find that you don't trip the supply, it's really not worth the risk :whew:

There's no saying that you'll not end up wanting to draw a greater supply from the extended socket at a later date, or someone else will, once you eventually sell your motorhome on :wait:

Its easy to extend and install the new socket :roflmto:

Just my thoughts on the electrical circuit ::bigsmile:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do ::bigsmile:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
found a box marked addition 13amp supply under one bed with a plastic socket on the end. I'll talk to Sargent to find an appropriat mate for it. Nothing on the other side but the water heater fused switch. Any reason why I shouldn't tap a 13amp supply from that? Water heater plust tv are still not enough to trip the RCD surely? Any thoughts?
I use these as they're identical to the ones already fitted :)

Broken Link Removed

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
As long as u use 2.5 flex cable no problem as it protected by 13A fuse / probably 16A mcb(breaker)

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
I recently added a socket in my Autotrail Apache using identical socket to those already fitted,see link for CBE socket example, you can get whatever color surround trim is required to suit. Mine is champagne trim.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291151602573&alt=web

I took a spur off the rear of a nearby socket that was in the ring main, using 3 core 1.5mm flex. You must use flex in caravan/motorhome, not twin&earth as in domestic installations due to movement and vibrations.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back