sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
i have a blue badge but my mobility car is exempt from paying the Vehicle Excise Tax on the grounds of disability, so it looks like because i am in the MH i have to pay the toll,,,,surely it should go on the person not the vehicle i use......

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
The toll is for vehicles.. Not individuals... You can always do the Blackwall tunnel.. Its free... Or go late at night

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
guess i better dig deep,,,,very deep,,,,,even deeper.......got wifeys purse,,,,no problems now.....:rofl::rofl:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I might sound unsympathetic but. Pay up, enjoy the convenience and the view on the way out. You could also, in a sore moment calculate the amount of diesel and time you would have used if the crossing wasn't there.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Time and diesel are still VERY expensive due to the often in excess of 10 mile tailback at crawling speed

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been through today back ,about ten mile q to get over the bridge going down

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
I might sound unsympathetic but. Pay up, enjoy the convenience and the view on the way out. You could also, in a sore moment calculate the amount of diesel and time you would have used if the crossing wasn't there.
dont mind paying up,,,just seems wrong with this comment..................If your vehicle is exempt from paying the Vehicle Excise Tax on the grounds of disability - cross at the manned point (not automatic) and have documentation. Being a Blue Badge holder is not enough - the vehicle must be exempt. ....................... my car is but not the MH , surely if you are exempt in one, then you should be in another,,,,seems its discrimination on the vehicle i am in.....

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Swap the plates when you go in the van, tell them you got them mixed up when you were washing both vehicles :)

takes 10 minutes to wash the car,,,,,almost 2 hours for MH,,,,could you get mixed up ? :(

HARESBY

Free Member
Jul 11, 2012
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie well sort of. Ex continental truck driver.
Having used the Dartford toll on many occasions driving hgvs(even before the bridge was built)its all a matter of timing. Morning rush hour(whenever that is) is, if possible to be avoided.In all the time I have never experienced a 10 mile queue unless there was an accident ahead.A slow drag maybe.If one fancies a change(time permitting)give the Blackwall Tunnel a try or try the Woolwich ferry(free) and get a look at the Thames Barrier whilst crossing. No real sense of getting into the drumming of fingers on the steering wheel etc,its just not worth it. Two Litre bottle Coca Cola Approx £2.:happy:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We tend to hit the Southbound around 8:30 (evening) and never got through in under an hour yet.
Having the auto makes it bearable

HARESBY

Free Member
Jul 11, 2012
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie well sort of. Ex continental truck driver.
Just to add.The Dartford crossing is the A 282 and is not part of but is on the M25.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I have a blue badge but am not currently exempt from paying excise licences. In our motorhome we pay car rate through the dartford tunnel.

Not being funny its only about £2.00 and far cheaper than the crossing into Wales and................ if you dont want to pay it travel after 10pm at night and before 6am in the morning.

However, as you are exempt, providing the tax disc/excise licence on your motorhome shows that you are exempt through disability then there is no fee for you to pay through the dartford crossing.

See here

http://dartfordtunnel.toolazy.me.uk/

where it says

"Disabled Persons vehicles. There is no charge if exempt from payment of Road Fund Tax in the United Kingdom."

So tell me your car has tax exempt through disability

does your motorhome have the same privilege?

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
I have a blue badge but am not currently exempt from paying excise licences. In our motorhome we pay car rate through the dartford tunnel.

Not being funny its only about £2.00 and far cheaper than the crossing into Wales and................ if you dont want to pay it travel after 10pm at night and before 6am in the morning.

However, as you are exempt, providing the tax disc/excise licence on your motorhome shows that you are exempt through disability then there is no fee for you to pay through the dartford crossing.

See here

http://dartfordtunnel.toolazy.me.uk/

where it says

"Disabled Persons vehicles. There is no charge if exempt from payment of Road Fund Tax in the United Kingdom."

So tell me your car has tax exempt through disability

does your motorhome have the same privilege?

that is if its on the vehicle you are in,,,,, my car has the exempt tax disc on it, not the motor home,,,,,i pay road tax on the mh, so guess i must pay the toll,,,,,i really dont mind it just seems strange that if you are disabled it depends on the vehicle you are in as to if you pay or not....

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
that is if its on the vehicle you are in,,,,, my car has the exempt tax disc on it, not the motor home,,,,,i pay road tax on the mh, so guess i must pay the toll,,,,,i really dont mind it just seems strange that if you are disabled it depends on the vehicle you are in as to if you pay or not....

Okay so now I am confused.

You have disabilities that allow you to claim tax exemption.

Can you only claim this on one vehicle?

I have free tax on my 8mph mobility scooter but not on my car or motorhome.

I would have expected that at the point I become so disabled I cannot walk to have free tax on any vehicle I decided to use.

At the moment I own 2 cars 1 motorhome my 8mph mobility scooter my 4mph mobility scooter 4 electric scooters and a motorbike and a moped.

Why should I be restricted to what I want to use when I have always paid full tax all these years?

So how do they decide which vehicle gets the exemption? Is it only restricted to one? I am now confused

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Okay so now I am confused.

You have disabilities that allow you to claim tax exemption.

Can you only claim this on one vehicle?

I have free tax on my 8mph mobility scooter but not on my car or motorhome.

I would have expected that at the point I become so disabled I cannot walk to have free tax on any vehicle I decided to use.

At the moment I own 2 cars 1 motorhome my 8mph mobility scooter my 4mph mobility scooter 4 electric scooters and a motorbike and a moped.

Why should I be restricted to what I want to use when I have always paid full tax all these years?

So how do they decide which vehicle gets the exemption? Is it only restricted to one? I am now confused

you tell dvla what vehicle you use most and apply for exempt road tax on it,,,i have it on my motability car, but could have it on either our landrover,,,motorhome or smart car,,,when motability car runs out i am putting on the landrover,,,,surely someone should have informed you regarding this,,,

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
you tell dvla what vehicle you use most and apply for exempt road tax on it,,,i have it on my motability car, but could have it on either our landrover,,,motorhome or smart car,,,when motability car runs out i am putting on the landrover,,,,surely someone should have informed you regarding this,,,

because I am not on highest rate mobility I dont qualify yet. and not sure I am looking forward to qualifying either to be quite honest.

I just presumed that you got it for all vehicles that you used/owned

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
no only get for 1,,,rest you have to pay full tax on...but smart car £30 a year,,,,motorhome not as much as landrover,,,so putting on landrover next to save a quid or two...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back