Camper UK's Summer Open Weekend (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Good idea. I am going to be in Lincoln both Sat & Sunday. It would have made a good base, but I also have to be in Scunthorpe for a gig Sat evening. They wouldn't take kindly to a van returning at midnight.

I'll borrow a friend's drive in town for the overnight stop, but I should have time to drop in & say hello as a day visitor either Sat afternoon or Sun morning.

Have you booked?

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Booked, but couldn't confirm at the time Simon.
I'll be phoning tomorrow morning to cough up the readies, now that we know for definite that we are going.

They lay on a mini bus shuttle into Lincoln, so we cannot guarantee to be there at any specific time. You'd need to phone them and liase.

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
I had a word with Dan. Nothing much doing at the campsite during the day, apart from their stock of used vehicles to browse. I can't stay any evening, because I'm already booked up to do other things. I will see how things go. I may well drop in on the new Deacon Road showroom at some point, and/or the campsite if the weather is fine.

If we happen to be at the same place at the same time, it'll be good to catch up (after a whole week apart!!), otherwise, have a good weekend. Remember to leave the cheque book at home!

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
If we happen to be at the same place at the same time, it'll be good to catch up (after a whole week apart!!), otherwise, have a good weekend. Remember to leave the cheque book at home!
No problem Simon. See you and Jane sometime soon. (y)

Even though the cheque book has losts and lots of blank cheques in it, they're not worth much more than what it cost to print them. :LOL: TBH, only the Niesmann Bischoff Flair 8000i takes our fancy, but it's much the same layout as we already have, however, financially we are not in that league. :(

Weekend now paid for, and MH ready to roll, (apart from loading the fridge once cooled down). :)

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hmmm ... we bought our van from them nearly 2 years ago and this is the first I've heard of this! As they are now closed for the evening and the show is this weekend does anyone have any info on it, such as cost etc.

Ta

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
There is a bit on their web site, but not much. I imagine you've already looked at that.

There is evening entertainment. Nothing much during the day. Display of used vehicles at the campsite, with new stock at the new Deacon Road site.

Jock will know the price. I couldn't stay over, so didn't ask. When I rang yesterday, they still had spaces.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hmmm ... we bought our van from them nearly 2 years ago and this is the first I've heard of this! As they are now closed for the evening and the show is this weekend does anyone have any info on it, such as cost etc.
Ta
Morning Mel,

They lost a lot of data as a result of the fire, just prior to moving to their new depot at Deacon Rd, and as a result, everyone attending this weekend, will be asked to complete a form with their contact details.
If you ring them this morning, and explain that you are a customer, and give your Reg No, they will probably help you out. It is £25 for the weekend, and starts from 11.00 this morning through to Sunday afternoon. Staying over on the Sunday will be an extra £5.00. They operate a bar, and all alcoholic drinks are usually £2.00 each. In the marquee there is seating and some entertainment on tonight, with the main entertainment on tomorrow night (he/she singer/comedian), and a BBQ. On both days, there is a minibus shuttle, which takes you into Lincoln and back. All this is included in the price. They run a Guy Fawkes weekend too, in November.

Might see you later today then? ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back