Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Last night I looked into booking a couple of nights next week at the Chertsey site.

2 nights, 2 adults, 2 children.

The cost :

Fully serviced pitch with EHU - £78

Basic pitch with EHU - £74

That is bonkers IMO - nearly £40 a night..

I can't see me renewing my membership later this year.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've never used a C&CC main site but the membership fee is worth it for the meets and (especially) the THSs. We haven't used any THSs on our current trip so far but will probably use 2 or 3 on the way home from the Cotswolds - much cheaper than sites and no need to book.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Premier Inn Sunbury £55 per room.....................:doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
It`s always pricey down here in the south west this time of year.

Some of the big (entertainment) sites sometimes do a deal 15 per night ,but they know you will be spending ££`s in their club / pub / cafe / take away.

I always call before i set off to a area ,to see if there are any spots and how much, using their online booking forms often say 3 nights minimum , but if you call ,they usually say just turn up and stay as many nights as you like.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Last night I looked into booking a couple of nights next week at the Chertsey site.

2 nights, 2 adults, 2 children.

The cost :

Fully serviced pitch with EHU - £78

Basic pitch with EHU - £74

That is bonkers IMO - nearly £40 a night..

I can't see me renewing my membership later this year.

That is madness.................. for another 10 quid ish you could be on the euro tunnel and then spend as long as you like in the free aire's in France or add a quid or so for EHU. No wonder so many MH's owners go to France and beyond. If they set the cost right how many more would use their MH at weekends......... Here in Spain I can get EHU, water, nice pitch, security, washing and shower area and all for 8 quid / 10 euros a night.............. or in Portugal the same for 4 quid / 6.5 euros............ Enough said.

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
and the english tourist board moans people should spend time in this country not abroad GET YA BLOODY PRICES DOWN AND MAYBE WE WOULD

Supply and demand. They couldn't charge that much if people weren't prepared to pay it.

Tim

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We've never used a C&CC main site but the membership fee is worth it for the meets and (especially) the THSs. We haven't used any THSs on our current trip so far but will probably use 2 or 3 on the way home from the Cotswolds - much cheaper than sites and no need to book.

There is a nice holiday site at Morton in the Marsh Graham, has a market on a Tuesday and only 5 minutes walk into town. (y)
The club sites are expensive, but if your on your own I think they work out cheaper.
The CS sites and DA meets are good value, but the time we are here, and the amount of sites we use we may not renew next year. :unsure:

:LOL: The Caravan Club we joined again at Shepton show last year after many years away, very good value. :wink: we paid £44 and got 2 nights FREE, used them at York 10 minutes walk into the city and would have cost £46.70 ............................so they gave us £2.70 to join.:rofl: Bargain !!!!!!
When we come back next year we will be doing all again. :rofl:
I prefer their web site and book, they have more CLs and also have sites without toilets but with electric for £12 a night, stayed on a few club sites and found the wardens very helpful.:wink:::bigsmile: Bob.

Reactions: GJH

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Morning I was chatting to one of the staff on the c&cc stand at Stafford as for us on the club sites we feel it's too expensive.

The flexible pricing seems to have made it worse this year, she didn't think they'd carry on with it next year.

We mainly use the cs's but that might not suit with the kids if you want things to do. Commercial sites often worked out better value for us in school holidays.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Supply and demand. They couldn't charge that much if people weren't prepared to pay it.

Tim
That is madness.................. for another 10 quid ish you could be on the euro tunnel and then spend as long as you like in the free aire's in France or add a quid or so for EHU. No wonder so many MH's owners go to France and beyond. If they set the cost right how many more would use their MH at weekends......... Here in Spain I can get EHU, water, nice pitch, security, washing and shower area and all for 8 quid / 10 euros a night.............. or in Portugal the same for 4 quid / 6.5 euros............ Enough said.

Motorhomes ,caravning ,camping is a fast growing form of holidays here now , the roads are full of them:eek:

After years of cheap ,stress free foreign travel is now over ,lots are turning to campsites for entertainment.
The U/K is so overcrowded that`s why it`s expensive----- go to France ect and`it`s spread out and they tempt in less people with better prices.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Cc&c club seem to be out pricing themselves. We just joined again but only for the THS and the cs's.
we won't be using their club sites any time soon.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We use the C&CC for the CS network, mainly as we don't have kids to worry about (well Dawn does worry about them (28 and 25) but that is being a clucky mother). Some of the big campsites fees at high season are really pricey but as said above it is a case of supply and demand. The new fee structure is not the best in the world and appears to be universally unpopular so may change at some time.The more members that make constructive complaints about the fees and structure to them, the more likely they are to change it (y)

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
The camping and caravaning club have 20% discount grass pitches for the summer

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Tim

I agree, although there seemed to be a fair number of pitches available..

School holidays, near London - you would expect it to be full.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
With the club sites you know the standard you are going to get. We've stayed on a few club sites (using special offers) and also a couple of CS sites which we loved. Of the sites we have stayed on which were neither club sites nor CS sites one was amazingly good, one we felt very unsafe and the other was just about okay.

With the inspection of the CS sites at least you know they are of at least a certain standard.

I agree that in the main season club sites are expensive.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Never use the MH in britian, cheaper to stay in travel lodge/premire inn. But as we've just discovered Britstop things might change!!

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Just joined Britstop, web site looked good, so looking forward to getting book of details.:)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is a nice holiday site at Morton in the Marsh Graham, has a market on a Tuesday and only 5 minutes walk into town. (y)
(snip)
We were going to stay there after Sandy, Bob, but changed our minds and went to the MCC CL at Bourton on the Water. We went over to Moreton on the bus for the market. Good market (including the Indian guy with his rubber Sweepa brushes that we see at MH shows). Good market day menus at the pubs as well.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I've decided, I hate you :rofl:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Never use the MH in britian, cheaper to stay in travel lodge/premire inn. But as we've just discovered Britstop things might change!!

We used Brit Stops 2013 whilst visiting family and attending "funster" meet and have to say it was great. Most of the stopovers were in a pub ( like my real ale ) so bought a pint - owner was happy. Some places ran a EHU out ( no charge ) and others stated say 2 nights or longer if you want.
Now even if we bought a meal for 2 and drinks ( some nights we did ) it still would not come to the price of C&C so recommend Brit Stops 100%.
The "staycation" is here for good you would think C&C Club would re-think they prices as if they were right for MH owners I for one would use them more, but right now why on earth would I spend all that money per night when really all most ( not families I understand that ) MH owners just want somewhere they feel safe and secure and perhaps EHU. You never know they might see the light one day.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I do wonder if they are not grooming themselves for a sale like the AA did many years ago. These are supposed to be members clubs for the benefit of the members but don't seem to be like that any more. The major benefit to a CC main site was the quality of the toilet blocks which were always fantastic. Now we have a MH they are no longer of any interest especially at their now inflated prices.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
There is another issue that has just cropped up with the C & CC and that is that if you book a Winter Rally with them unless you also book the ferry through them they will charge you £75 which they call a Site Only booking fee. Last year this charge was £25 which in itself was wrong.
I understand that it will not apply to many people on here.

Mike

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
They are certainly extracting the urine !!!! Cancelled my membership beginning of July !!
Are they too scared to post a survey asking why I wonder !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back