Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Presently enjoying the sunshine at Lac Du Der -En champagne
(N 48.5688, E 4.70294)

There are a few other Aires around the lake

Just down from Vitry Le Francois and Saint Dizier.
A large open Free Aire

There is a squat and deliver, WC.(with a bolt on the outside ?)

Fresh water 8mins worth for 2 euros (token)

Ideal for the birdwatchers out there lots of waterfowls also ideal for a cycle ride (30Kms approx) if you want to go around the lake. Or a little train to take you up to Giffaumont-Champaubert (5kms for munchies

Solar Panels working well and beer cold in the fridge (y)

Attachments

• 20140715_165108.jpg
    20140715_165108.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20140716_133432.jpg
    20140716_133432.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20140716_141240.jpg
    20140716_141240.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Went down that way and fed up with the rain forcast weren't looking good so came inland hope you get better than us bon journey :sneaky: (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrsBB

Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
First time contri. Hope I'm not one of the stupid question brigade!! Don't even know if I'm in the appropriate section or what. Anyway I'm off to France for the month of August and I'd like to do a spot of coarse fishing.
Does anyone know of the licence arrangements and costs. I've looked on the internet and it looks expensive and there seems to be different levels of licence. What licence would I need just to sit and drown a few maggots!
Heading towards the Dordogne if anyone knows good spots.
The closer the motorhome is to the water the better I like it.
Thanks

OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Aye aye MrsBB nowt stupid about that one (take no notice of my signature quote seemed appropriate after a thread I'd been reading )
Anyway as I understand it you need a licence to fish anywhere over here as to where or how much sorry cant help on that one but possibly a local tourist information office most towns have one we have found. As to course fishing thats not for me I only fish for what I can eat .
In the rivers what they do catch ?
Hope somone can help you and you enjoy your trip :)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Btw the third aire not featured is parking only I recall and rather sloping but plenty of room and right by the cycle way around the lake , a good retreat if the others are full. The second one only has half a dozen spaces

OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Yep saw that one on local brochure from TIO on the far side of the lac wss going to investigate that one on way .the one near the marina is a barrier entry (pay) and had five cc parked 30 or so in here and plenty of room and very pleasent company from locals and fellow travellers.had s bbq suns on the way out glass of red cant beet it :) head ache in the morning probably

D

DM14742

Deleted User
First time contri. Hope I'm not one of the stupid question brigade!! Don't even know if I'm in the appropriate section or what. Anyway I'm off to France for the month of August and I'd like to do a spot of coarse fishing.
Does anyone know of the licence arrangements and costs. I've looked on the internet and it looks expensive and there seems to be different levels of licence. What licence would I need just to sit and drown a few maggots!
Heading towards the Dordogne if anyone knows good spots.
The closer the motorhome is to the water the better I like it.
Thanks
Brantome is very nice (Venice of the Dordogne) so you're never far from water. There's a good Aire there 2 mins walk from Town I think it was 7 Euro's per night & there is a charge for water. No toilets either but is on level field & has more of a Campsite feel to it.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Jez, Quote from another post from scousebird
We used the aire at Brantome last week, it's a lovely spot on the riverside and close to the town for a drink or a meal. It was 4 euros a night, collected around 8am. There is a Garde de Commune who checks on the aire and he told everyone to roll their awnings in and put their tables & chairs away, first time we've come across that!

OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi Jez, Quote from another post from scousebird
We used the aire at Brantome last week, it's a lovely spot on the riverside and close to the town for a drink or a meal. It was 4 euros a night, collected around 8am. There is a Garde de Commune who checks on the aire and he told everyone to roll their awnings in and put their tables & chairs away, first time we've come across that!
Was that becsuse of a bad weather forecast ? Or thr norm? Sounds a bit ott for the french

OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
True ....he wants to bring his golden hat and move this way I think in a few languages he would be thanked in some way .one french cc I think is here for his annual vacation awning bbq tow mc in the garage two gendarmes (on bikes) stopped by said hello to all had a ciggy and rode o onto the sunset .no probs takes all kinds

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back