Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Is anyone else currently trying to retain their C1 entitlement, it is four weeks since I sent off my application and they say ring if not back in three weeks. I have tried all day to ring them and all you get is sorry we cannot connect you as all our 240 lines for vehicle driving licence enquiries are engaged. Another fine example of a shambles of a government department

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
they want you to downsize and cut your fuel bills, its a grand go green campaign

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Well finally got through at 4.35 and they say it is being processed and is now with their medical department. He did say that this department is currently processing applications from early May so expect it to be another four to five weeks.

I would love to question why after a full opticians report and £135 spend on a medical with my own doctor why it needs to go through their medical section , but hey ho we are dealing with a Government department and all the uselessness involved.

My word of caution is if you are approaching your 70th birthday and want to retain your C1 entitlement get things moving early

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Hope you have better luck than we did. Long story but to cut it short, it took two years last time my late husband applied to renew his hgv licence, we had two cover notes from them in that time ( somewhere on the old MHF site is the thread)

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
My licence was due to run out on august 8th, I applied early and my new licence was issued and started at the end of June losing me 5 weeks off my previous expiry date so it's best not to apply to early
Alan

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Point taken Alan but if anyone thinks an odd month before they go abroad is sufficient then they are going to get delayed.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Well, he is getting on a bit! Just thought he is probably waterlogged! He is back in Todmorden!!!!

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hey you lot my memory is long enough to know that this is the driest summer in Todmorden for 35 years, saying that we are well aware it could all change within a week

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
To be fair, we once stayed at the soggy CL (his drive) and had a great week lots of sunshine!!!
Don't think it rained all that week!

Sun shines on the righteous!!!!!

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
I need to renew my licence 10yrs since issue so its the photo, can do it online and they will use my passport photo, but the bit I am not sure on will I lose my c1 and d1 cats by doing it online

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Lee 52 you only lose your C1 entitlement on your 70th birthday unless you apply to keep it using D2 and D4 forms

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
so if I do my renewal online I will keep my c1e and d1e no d4 medicals forms (btw I am 36 and do wear glasses ) do I not need a medical for eyesight now for c1/d1. such a mine field and getting a straight answer from them seems to be impossible

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
so if I do my renewal online I will keep my c1e and d1e no d4 medicals forms (btw I am 36 and do wear glasses ) do I not need a medical for eyesight now for c1/d1. such a mine field and getting a straight answer from them seems to be impossible

Just not sure what your procedure is, I think it is very straight forward but lets see if anyone else knows the definitive answer. I agree finding anything out is not the simplest of things to do. The DVLA have various websites that may help you but I had to rely on information received from other motorhomers

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
i renewed my licence on line they filled in form and sent it to me at a cost of £40 then i had to sign it and send on to dvla along with cheque rip off i could have filled form myself

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
i renewed my licence on line they filled in form and sent it to me at a cost of £40 then i had to sign it and send on to dvla along with cheque rip off i could have filled form myself
when I looked online it was only £20 they use my passport picture and signature but there was absolutely no mention of medicals or cat c1/d1 lose of entitlements etc... but I did read (not on their website) as from dec 2013 you need a medical to keep your cat C1/D1

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
HOORAH good old DVLA

I rang them on Tuesday and they said 4/5 weeks due to delay in medical centre and blow me it arrived today ::bigsmile::happy::smiley:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back