lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
hi just be looking at ebay ( see what else I can buy to weigh my bus down with). And have noticed there's a quite a few self builds sporting a wood burning stove. What is policy as far as camp sites are concerned with someone using a wood burner for heat

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
hi just be looking at ebay ( see what else I can buy to weigh my bus down with). And have noticed there's a quite a few self builds sporting a wood burning stove. What is policy as far as camp sites are concerned with someone using a wood burner for heat
Lee52, do you really need to ask!!

Most sites get twitchy at a standard throw away BBQ. Tell them you have a real fire burning inside and I doubt ANY of them would entertain you, simples!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Lee52, do you really need to ask!!

Most sites get twitchy at a standard throw away BBQ. Tell them you have a real fire burning inside and I doubt ANY of them would entertain you, simples!!

And a very good chance your insurers wouldnt be too happy either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

captain

Free Member
Apr 1, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
since 2005
I suppose you could get one of these then there's no problem!
images

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Saw a home built van using a wood burning stove at Ballater last month.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Wood burning stove and solar energy why would you want to use camp sites, the way to go, go for it
Dave

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Biggest problem is insurance. Spent the last few months looking at one, but can't find anyone that will insure it. Don't know what they are worried about its only burning wood sitting on a few hundred ltrs of petrol and a tank of gas(y) Regarding sites we normally stay on small 5 van sites and having made contact with some we've stayed on in the past none have said they wouldn't let us use it. Fully understand that the bigger sites might not agree to it but to be honest if we're on a site with hookup we'd use the power that we've paid for. Any way no intention of compromising our insurance so no stove for now at least. If any one knows of an insurance company that will please let me know. :)

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
I am not planning on getting one just wondered what ppls thoughts where

personally I wouldnt feel happy sleeping or leaving the van knowing the stove was still burning away atleast with gas/electric when its off its off

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
It can be a bit iffy when you run out of wood an you wanderin round the campsite wi the hatchet:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back