Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

Husband was clearing out glove compartment and was holding a long piece of paper in his hand looking quite angry ! It was what I had thought a receipt from an Italian tollgate where I had so much trouble getting them to except my card
but since in the end the barrier opened I thought all was Ok . It was a bill for unpaid toll of the princely sum of € 1.70 and I had 15 days to pay or else ,there were telephone numbers etc informing how . I had just stuffed it in the compartment without reading it relieved that we had got through ! Is the mafia going to collect or the bailiffs knocking on the door ? All that was over a month ago ....we will be back home in about 2 weeks .

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi

Husband was clearing out glove compartment and was holding a long piece of paper in his hand looking quite angry ! It was what I had thought a receipt from an Italian tollgate where I had so much trouble getting them to except my card
but since in the end the barrier opened I thought all was Ok . It was a bill for unpaid toll of the princely sum of € 1.70 and I had 15 days to pay or else ,there were telephone numbers etc informing how . I had just stuffed it in the compartment without reading it relieved that we had got through ! Is the mafia going to collect or the bailiffs knocking on the door ? All that was over a month ago ....we will be back home in about 2 weeks .

You may have a ticket/penalty waiting for you at home, in any case appeal it,
1. faulty equipment
2. it let you through
3. explain your very believable story
4 Learn fluent Italian you will need it:thumb:

The horses head on pillow follows two weeks after loosing appeal, one week after husband went missing, and 3 days after arson attack on home,
Above all dont worry its only money
G

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Stick €5 in an envelope and mail it to any address given?

Hardly think they'll trace you to UK for €1.70.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and thanks for your replies .

Hi Geo you really made us laugh ! We will see what happens when we get home if it is still there .

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
spoke to my Italian neighbour, he says no probs they will not chase the bill but your photos were taken at the toll booth and circulated to interpol along with vehicle reg, he advises keep low profile and travel at night. DO NOT on any account try to cover your faces as this looks suspicious .
Good luck on your travels, at the port docks shrug your shoulders if questioned.:cry:

OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

Got home yesterday and after going through all our mail there was nothing from Italy .... Maybe we got away with it !

Reactions: JJ

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
next time use a Italian resurant,they will put it on the bill.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back