ADAC (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
After all the threads regarding ADAC I was a bit apprehensive about applying to them. Fill out a on line application and even arranged to pay by DD, just had our cards back no problems. Admittedly the paper work is in German but there are so many "on line" translators that this didn't prove a problem either. All in all I'm very pleased. So can't wait to get over to France and be covered should we have a problem. :thumb::thumb:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
After all the threads regarding ADAC I was a bit apprehensive about applying to them. Fill out a on line application and even arranged to pay by DD, just had our cards back no problems. Admittedly the paper work is in German but there are so many "on line" translators that this didn't prove a problem either. All in all I'm very pleased. So can't wait to get over to France and be covered should we have a problem. :thumb::thumb:

Hi David, Hope all goes well with ADAC but please be careful on payment, as they send out cards before payment is taken and if they cannot get payment from you then you are not covered but they don't tell you they have not collected payment until you try to claim on a breakdown and then you are in trouble as they will not help if the payment has not gone through. Make sure your payment has definitely been taken Before you leave for Europe, as I have been with ADAC for about 5 years now (GREAT COVER) but have never been able to pay by DD as they have no way of collecting it from a British bank up to now?????. Please let us know if payment goes through as this will be a new thing from ADAC.
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
I to have been with them about 8 years. When you drive a 27year old renault traffic and go as far as Croatia you need them, never a problem having payment taken via my bank, only used them 4 times, once on m5when aa attended, twice in holland, worst one was in Paris, engine blew, they sent a taxi to take us to the airport, we picked up a loan car to drive to calais, left it there, ferry, night in a hotel, loan car arrived to travell home, full use for 5 days, camper brought back on a truck to garage of my choice, no additional charges and kept informed the whole time, some people have said about problems, when you consider they are part of DHL. The continental AA! And most of all the German post office. Anything this big will get the odd problem. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
How are people still joining? when I tried I was told that they were no longer accepting GB members due to a fallout with the AA.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I eventually got a reply after nearly 3 months about my complaint of when i broke down all i got from the assistance help line was recorded messages in German ,

The reply was written in German so i got it translated and it said when you break down and phone for assistance .....

YOU MUST SPEAK IN GERMAN ...... :cry:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
How are people still joining? when I tried I was told that they were no longer accepting GB members due to a fallout with the AA.

I posted recently on this, after asking ADAC. In a nutshell, they said they are still accepting new membership applications from the UK, but the conditions were changed with effect from 1/1/14. I don't know how much the new conditions differ from us with pre 2014 membership.

On the question of the AA refusing to attend, I was assured that I should ring Germany and they make the arrangements.

I will search for my OP later

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Hi David, Hope all goes well with ADAC but please be careful on payment, as they send out cards before payment is taken and if they cannot get payment from you then you are not covered but they don't tell you they have not collected payment until you try to claim on a breakdown and then you are in trouble as they will not help if the payment has not gone through. Make sure your payment has definitely been taken Before you leave for Europe, as I have been with ADAC for about 5 years now (GREAT COVER) but have never been able to pay by DD as they have no way of collecting it from a British bank up to now?????. Please let us know if payment goes through as this will be a new thing from ADAC.
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Got me thinking now as I am due to renew, I have both Spanish bank € and UK bank GBP. Do you do a transfer or pay by another means.

Cheers

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I renewed my ADAC membership last week. I was transferred to someone who spoke English, he just took my Visa Credit Card number.
Brisey.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I renewed my ADAC membership last week. I was transferred to someone who spoke English, he just took my Visa Credit Card number.
Brisey.
..same here last month .. No probs

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Got me thinking now as I am due to renew, I have both Spanish bank € and UK bank GBP. Do you do a transfer or pay by another means.

Cheers
If you have a Spanish bank then you may be able to pay through that??????
But I now pay my ADAC subs and my ADAC travel ins through a international bank transfer using there IBAN No and there BIC No on the back of the invoices that I get, although this costs me to do it this way, I am 100% certain that it is paid so no more worry's. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Here it is......................

"thank you for your message.

Please note that the new ADAC (Plus) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits for members residing outside Germany since 01.01.2014. Your Plus membership provides the same services and benefits as in the last years. Your membership won't be terminated in December 2014. Your Plus membership is valid as long as you won't cancel it.

Your acquaintance could send a application form and could get a member.

The AA is still our partner automobile club in the UK. If you need help you could call 0049 89 22 22 22.

Under the FIA umbrella organisation, ADAC cooperates with other automobile clubs. We believe that your local automobile club might offer products that provide more comprehensive protection."

Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any questions.

Sincerely yours

Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e. V. (ADAC e. V.)
Mitgliederservice
Mitgliedschaft+Versicherungen
Tel.: 0 89 76 76 66 32
Fax: 0 89 76 76 63 46 http://www.adac.de/impressum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back