Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
WOW!! That's bigger inside then our 'ouse! You have done one hell of a nice job! What IS it, (base model), and what drives the beast???

By the way, a tenner a year subs gets more peeps to say how good it looks!! :wink::wink:

OP
OP
silentraptor

silentraptor

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
leyland bus
Exp
Leyland Roadrunner Wright Consort G571 PNS
Leyland Roadrunner truck chassis and fitted with the Cummins B-Series engine. she has 76000km on her, she is completely powered by solar power .
im going to put better photos up later

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Is this it in a previous life??

ehicle Details:

Registration Number:G571 PNS
Chassis Type:Leyland Roadrunner 9-13R
Chassis Number:L020650
Body Type And Seating:Wright 'Consort TT' C19CL+4W
Body Number: L108
Date New:February 1990
Original Operator (Fleet Number):Strathclyde Regional Council (23189)
Vehicle Information:

This bus was supplied on 1 February 1990 to Strathclyde Regional Council, initially being kept in the former Glasgow Corporation Bridgeton Bus Garage, before being sent to Renfrew Division in the former Western/Clydeside Thornliebank Depot in Carnwadric Road. It is a Leyland Roadrunner 9-13 with a Wright Consort TT body fitted in Wishaw. The engine is a Cummins 6B series.

G571 PNS was run by Strathclyde Regional Council on disabled transport duties until the Scottish local government reorganisation in 1996 when it transferred to East Renfrewshire District Council. It could regularly be seen outside Netherlee Pavilion at lunchtimes from the school playground next door during the 1996-7 school year!

It remained "on the books" as a reserve fleet vehicle and was certainly used at least once as late as 2007. It was taken out of service in 2008 and returned to its first home at Bridgeton, now the home of the GVVT.

Like most council buses, this one seems to have evaded enthusiasts for much of its life, and very little is known about it. Even Wright apparently have no record of having built it, despite their badge on the front!

Cant upload the piccy, I'm afraid.

walter senior

Free Member
Jan 7, 2011
forgue aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
a clas iveco 29ft
Exp
do you have one aswell ,
Hi. silentraptor. i have a wrights consort and i think some one else on the site as one i have just given mine a major overall and refit it as taken me 12 months but its good now its done walter.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to Fun, great job you have made of it, what is your intention now it's finished, travel UK or Europe or even full time, look forward to hearing more. (y)

OP
OP
silentraptor

silentraptor

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
leyland bus
Exp
Hi. silentraptor. i have a wrights consort and i think some one else on the site as one i have just given mine a major overall and refit it as taken me 12 months but its good now its done walter.
I would love to see photo's of your one be nice to see your layout,...

OP
OP
silentraptor

silentraptor

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
leyland bus
Exp
Hello welcome to Fun, great job you have made of it, what is your intention now it's finished, travel UK or Europe or even full time, look forward to hearing more. (y)
when i have mine finished id do Ireland for the first summer then France the following year , who knows after that

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
oh well one more clever #### on here.well done funster.we hope to meet you sometime.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
oh well one more clever #### on here.well done funster.we hope to meet you sometime.

I take it that you mean we have some one who is talented enough to create a Motorhome to his own design and share his experience with others who are thinking of doing this , it's always good when new members want to share .

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
sorry walter was not being nasty.i am a bodger.my friends call me bb [bodger butler]any body that can do what you have done.makes me green with envy.i like to meet anyone that can show me how.so hope to see you at a meet.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
looks excellent. Hope you subscribe and tell us more (y):D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun