Impatient motor home driver (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I trust it was not a funster losing his/her rag and blowing the horn several times on the A351 in the centre of Corfe yesterday as the car in front had to wait to turn into a street from which a coach was backing out. The car had no option but to wait, but the motor home driver obviously couldn't, and so behaved in a very impatient and rude manner. Not at all Funster style I thought!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Not me. I was on the mate, A720, A68 and A697..... sinned against rather than sinning.

Oh and only sounded the horn once at Micra Man as per my other post. lol

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
What's a horn??
Remember years ago my girl friend (now wife) arrived at my door with her father's horn in bits as she thumped it that hard and would not go off, took me about an hour to get it all back together again

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
There was a motorhome travelling in the middle lane of the M18 last night with no other traffic in the inside lane. He sat there from junction 1 until he turned off at junction 2, the exit for the A1M a distance of approx. 5 miles. I trust it wasn't a Funster?:(

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
they failed my daughter in laws car because the horn was not loud enough.when I asked how loud it should be they don't know.but failed it anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It wasn't me but I do confess to using my horn quite regularly.

It's often needed to

(a) wake up old people who doze off and fail to see the traffic lights have turned green and,

(b) To interrupt the incessant chatter of the female in front who is so engaged in conversation that she hasn't noticed the lights turned green ages ago.

The best thing is that invariably the horn provokes them into retaliatory horn blowing and often stalling.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This sort of behaviour used to really jar with me..

Then someone very very close to me came close to death.. I was informed there may be only minutes to go and if I wanted to see the person before they died I had to get to the hospital NOW

That hospital was 14 miles from where I was.
I drove like a total idiot **

Since that day I became far more forgiving of anyone showing impatience on the road.
Sure, 90% of the time it is just gonna be someone who is impatient.. but then, it might just as easily be someone who is in the same position as I was.

**Berate me as much as you like but I would do the same today as I did back then

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I used to have a horn --then i got married

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
That hospital was 14 miles from where I was.
I drove like a total idiot **

Something similar happened to us many years ago - we were pulled over on the motorway en route by a police officer for having the tax disc in the wrong place. We were young, I was visibly distressed and in an old car being driven fast so not surprising he pulled us over - we explained and he said follow me and keep up..... jumped into his own car, lights and siren on and off to the hospital. I gave him a hug with tears running down my face when we arrived - hubby ran inside the hospital and I parked the car. We did see our relative before she died and she did recognise us.

If someone is desperate to get past me I tend to pull over as the person may be a doctor on call or have another emergency. I was told by the same policeman that you should have headlights on in an emergency - not sure if that is true but it would mean other road users should notice you sooner. I'd rather have a fast driver well ahead of me.

I'm now a bit more cautious about pulling over even in the UK just in case it's a hijack. Sad state of affairs.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Do you know the one thing in life I would really like is one of those Air horns that play tunes and can be really loud, but Eddie just laughs at me :sick:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back