Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
Leaving on July 21st for our annual 4 weeks away, thought we'd see more of Germany and head to Croatia this year. I'm going to buy bord atlas for German stellplatz but can anyone recommend a book of places to camp in Croatia?

paddyd887

Free Member
Oct 15, 2011
great barford
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
We too are going to Croatia later in the year. There is a a good App in the App Store called Camping Croatia. It looks good and has many sites listed with full info - have a look, it might be useful.
Have a good trip

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Hi you can find camp sites in Croatia on this site. http://www.camping.hr/ All the info you might need we used camping cheques and acsi sites also there are lots of mini camps along the coast its a beautiful country.(y)
regards Jeff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
spent 5 weeks in Croatia a month ago - lots of mini camps that are not in any guides, especially near the sea. ACSI guide is good as is camping cheques. Wild camping possible but you may get politely moved on!

Make sure you go inland to Plitvice Lakes - awesome. lots of pics on my blog

www.ianandtinasadventures.blogspot.co.uk

enjoy!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I lived for 5 years in Split, Croatia and had many wonderful adventures, but getting across the boarder was always an issue.

Not been back there for many years but it's on my list to play catchup.

Can anyone tell me, now it's part of the EU, do you still have hassle at the boarder, do they scrutinise passports, or do we just drive on through like we do across most of the rest of the EU? :)

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Am off to croatia and on to Greece (fingers crossed) at start of September to get best use of asci any thoughts tips or anything of intrest great fully accepted

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
"Keep it to yourself, but it is still the undiscovered jewel of Europe."

Don't think you can say that as the Germans have nearly taken over some of the sites I have been on.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are off to Croatia on 12th Aug coming back at the end of Sept. Mainly staying on the Istrian Peninsula. This will be our 4th year in Croatia, last year we went to a couple of the Islands and thoroughly enjoyed it but this year we are just going to slob around Istria. We love it, hope it doesn't change too much now it is in the EU.

Jan 18, 2014
Wimborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
5 years. several more as a caravanner
Leaving on July 21st for our annual 4 weeks away, thought we'd see more of Germany and head to Croatia this year. I'm going to buy bord atlas for German stellplatz but can anyone recommend a book of places to camp in Croatia?
Have just done June away mainly croatia. There are literally hundreds of sites all shapes and sizes. Acsi book was useful. Good 4 star can be had for about £16 a night. Bio grad a very nice area (camping soline). You will probably end up using the toll motorway to get anywhere distance wise as the other roads add hours to the journey ( lovely empty dual carriageways). Gunsberg was a good stopover through Germany @5 euros a night and nice town. Stenay aire near Luxembourg another great stopover. Try and fit in lake bled in Slovenia in if you can stunning!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back