Motorhome camouflage (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Anyone done this? I rather fancy going for "dazzle" camouflage.
111.jpg

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

Today's piece of useless information comes to you from the Government of Barbados.

It is illegal to wear camouflage apparel on the island of Barbados.

Why anyone should want to wear such apparel is not immediately obvious and the last time I was there people were not wearing very much anyway.:cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Pete doesn't wear camo, he has outerwear - especially clothing which he usually wears when fishing, in a variety of green and/or khaki shades, sometimes when you look closely enough the patterns resemble err, Real Trees.

But as I strongly suspect he doesn't wish to go to Barbados anyway, it probably doesn't matter too much !

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Look up WW1 or WW2, they did paint boats like that to hide them from the U-boats.

Sort-a-Tron

Free Member
Sep 28, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
I just found this thread....we had our Hamer painted in the style of Jeff Koons Yacht, but came colours...
Only I can't seem to post a picture...

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
If I had paid to have Brunhilde camouflage painted like that, I would have gladly paid again to keep her hidden :LOL:. But my flair for colour choiceis rather defined by looking at the M&S Old Git Clothing Range and wondering which shade of beige they will use for this year's trousers and pullovers ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
mmmm, I can see the insurance company having as issue
"..... Sorry mate, I didn't see you ..."

I don't know if still true, but in Germany you used to get a discount if you had a red or orange car

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Pete doesn't wear camo, he has outerwear - especially clothing which he usually wears when fishing, in a variety of green and/or khaki shades, sometimes when you look closely enough the patterns resemble err, Real Trees.

But as I strongly suspect he doesn't wish to go to Barbados anyway, it probably doesn't matter too much !
Why do you need disguise while fishing? To fool the fish?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
mmmm, I can see the insurance company having as issue
"..... Sorry mate, I didn't see you ..."

I don't know if still true, but in Germany you used to get a discount if you had a red or orange car
In the 50's it was more expensive to insure green cars, considered not visible on country roads.

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Ships were also painted in that manner, as it was difficult to confirm which direction they were travelling in from a distance........

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Greetings,

Today's piece of useless information comes to you from the Government of Barbados.

It is illegal to wear camouflage apparel on the island of Barbados.

Why anyone should want to wear such apparel is not immediately obvious and the last time I was there people were not wearing very much anyway.:cool:
Correct, Iā€™m not sure why but we were quite amused by this law.
The camouflage clothing I find most ridiculous is the motorcycle clothing in camouflage. One can hardly moan about cars pulling out when one is trying to hide can one?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
The camouflage clothing I find most ridiculous is the motorcycle clothing in camouflage. One can hardly moan about cars pulling out when one is trying to hide can one?
Dont they see the great big bright ā€˜kin headlight (or in the case of my Harley THREE of them) then or are they concentrating on the colour of their riding gear??
What a stupid statementšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
CAMO motorcycle clothing do you mean black leather ? Blends in with the grey tarmac at speed Imho

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
CAMO motorcycle clothing do you mean black leather ? Blends in with the grey tarmac at speed Imho
Nah, the grey camo type stuff. It was fashionable a few years back. Still see a few wearing it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back